Coopers Community

SOMBRERO LIGHT LAGER - Stall Question

guys, any advice on below appreciated:

I'm on day 11 with this and seem to be stuck at 1018 for the last 4 - 5 days. Temperature has been 13.5 to 13.8 the whole time except the first 1 - 2 days where i dropped it from ~18 or so.

I dry hopped and added the zest on day 6.

first low temperature brew for me, there seems to still be minor activity in the fermenter (some very light/small bubble at surface).

what would be the expected ferment time at this temp with the supplied german lager yeast? how long do i give it before considering raising the temperature to finish it off?

thanks, rod.

39 minutes ago, rac said:

guys, any advice on below appreciated:

I'm on day 11 with this and seem to be stuck at 1018 for the last 4 - 5 days. Temperature has been 13.5 to 13.8 the whole time except the first 1 - 2 days where i dropped it from ~18 or so.

I dry hopped and added the zest on day 6.

first low temperature brew for me, there seems to still be minor activity in the fermenter (some very light/small bubble at surface).

what would be the expected ferment time at this temp with the supplied german lager yeast? how long do i give it before considering raising the temperature to finish it off?

thanks, rod.

my thoughts if you have used a lager yeast   it will be a very much slow ferment  where it could be another week or more before it drops to your final gravity

i wouldnt be stressing to much about it at this stage   

if you feel it is stuck  repitch more yeast  to fire it back up

20 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

my thoughts if you have used a lager yeast   it will be a very much slow ferment  where it could be another week or more before it drops to your final gravity

i wouldnt be stressing to much about it at this stage   

if you feel it is stuck  repitch more yeast  to fire it back up

i used the lager yeast provided in the recipe pack, because its coopers provided i cant google what it actually is and how it might behave.

so i also dont have access to anymore. will watch it for another week see what happens.

Edited by rac

33 minutes ago, rac said:

i used the lager yeast provided in the recipe pack, because its coopers provided i cant google what it actually is and how it might behave.

so i also dont have access to anymore. will watch it for another week see what happens.

wasnt sure if you used the coopers  one under the lid or not..

i would agree with the green blob by bumping it back up as it will waken  any good yeast back up and will finish it off  ok for you,  i should have  mentioned that in my post 

so i brought it up to 19 deg C over about 4 days and its been at 19 deg C for 2 days, currently at 1.016... i guess if its still at 1.016 in two more days i'll throw some more yeast at it?

or otherwise drink it as a mid-strength : (

2 hours ago, rac said:

so i brought it up to 19 deg C over about 4 days and its been at 19 deg C for 2 days, currently at 1.016... i guess if its still at 1.016 in two more days i'll throw some more yeast at it?

or otherwise drink it as a mid-strength : (

It's not moving much Rod.  If you were thinking of throwing more yeast at it, I would do it now.  However, be prepared for it to make no difference at all.  The other option is to accept 1.016 as the finishing gravity.  Bottle it in PET bottles, with slightly less sugar, or keg it.