Coopers Community

Member Map

Classic Brewing Co

26 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Probably not terribly important, but I notice the Member Map dosen't show details on quite of the lot of the members that are active on the forum.

There also seems to be a lot of entries that are inactive as well.

But it's only an observation.

yes i agree doesnt really show all members

My thoughts are that these members have setup in their account   to location set to private  or they have set some privacy thing up in the setting

yes im fairly sure that we can only activate it to let others see us. some only let see the town others will allow exact adress on street I haven't bothered with it yet as haven't came across a member close enough to me to meet for a yarn about brewing.

I agree, at least if we had more details on our brewing neighbors we might be able to catch up. I do with one guy who is only one suburb away. Also a  couple of other mates that brew but both are not interested in anything else than a quick mix up, whack it in the shed & start drinking the brew before it's had to mature. 😄

34 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

just added my location  to members map   ,  i can say  i am the 1st  diy coopers forum member in  my town lol

I'm now the 1st listed for Murray Bridge - but I've met quite a few ex-brewers here. Haven't met an active one yet. 😄

11 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Probably not terribly important, but I notice the Member Map dosen't show details on quite of the lot of the members that are active on the forum.

There also seems to be a lot of entries that are inactive as well.

But it's only an observation.

only just saw the member map last night for the first time.. i've added my rough location, sunshine 3020 aka the wild wild west

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, xjjohnn0 said:

Well I'm relocating next month, Millicent SA here I come and its' looking like I'll be a lonely outpost.

Pity it isn't this month. I'm taking a few days down at Port MacConnell at end of Feb - could'a called in with a few home brews. 😄

7 minutes ago, xjjohnn0 said:

My first brews will happen when I get to Millicent, kind of lurking here for ideas and brain picking. Number one question I'll have is how to deal with the local water and whether its' up to the task.

Hey @xjjohnn0   I think you will find the water in Millicent OK, you could install a Pura Tap as I did, but not sure how it works in rural areas. All the best anyway, Cheers.

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

@Journeyman  Not meaning to pick you up, did you mean Port MacDonnell ? I bet you end up in the Victoria Hotel - absolutely great place in SA's Southernmost Town, 

I have been there heaps of times, good times in the Bar with the locals. Enjoy.

Yep, you are correct. Not sure why I typed that - I'm usually better on typos. 😄

And yes, staying at the pub.

22 hours ago, Stickers said:

only just saw the member map last night for the first time.. i've added my rough location, sunshine 3020 aka the wild wild west

just over 10 years ago we would have been neighbours lived there for 7 or 8 years. worked in good old Brooklyn not NY obviously funny how going to Brooklyn could go through Tottenham as well 🤪. Good old days to young and stupid doing stuff to realise how much danger was around me most the time. Assumed from profile pic was in the city somewhere should change it to the Sunshine marketplace AKA little Africa 

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jamiek86 said:

just over 10 years ago we would have been neighbours lived there for 7 or 8 years. worked in good old Brooklyn not NY obviously funny how going to Brooklyn could go through Tottenham as well 🤪. Good old days to young and stupid doing stuff to realise how much danger was around me most the time.

they're doing loads of work around the totty yards at the moment - guessing that's where you're referring to. i always wanted to do some night photography there but left it a bit too late, massive fence along sunshine road now

21 minutes ago, Stickers said:

they're doing loads of work around the totty yards at the moment - guessing that's where you're referring to. i always wanted to do some night photography there but left it a bit too late, massive fence along sunshine road now

think that was there when I went through on train few years back to go watch the footy was even working on fancy apartments next to market place with fences and scaffolding everywhere there too place was a mess. was a big change from when I lived there we wondered why nothing in area got done. The council got sacked and creditors took over because had been stealing millions. Is this big fence still for all the work being done or stop the spread of covid?

4 minutes ago, xjjohnn0 said:

Been living in a little flat in North Melbourne for the last 30 years so quite familiar with Sunshine and Brooklyn. Now I've hit retiremnt age there's no need to hang around for work.

going to jump ship now and move to clean country air? my town has gone from having plenty houses for sale to lucky to get one in 14 months

Yep, country air, vegie patch, brew beer, try growing some bush tucker plants like midgin berries and muntries potentially adding to brews if the yields are generous, get on the motorbike and load up the camera and a few lenses for various sizes and take a few landscape and wildlife pics(bugs included). I might even be able to get pics of cubic wombat skats if I'm lucky

I might even feed some hungry fish in that Southern Ocean with choice tidbits from the local tackle shop.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

Is this big fence still for all the work being done or stop the spread of covid?

nah just part of the big rail upgrades that are happening on the line, i think they fenced off the yards to (try and) keep the taggers out when they shifted the totty->sunshine tracks maybe 2013. fence runs from west footscray to sunshine, 8km or so

20 minutes ago, xjjohnn0 said:

Been living in a little flat in North Melbourne for the last 30 years so quite familiar with Sunshine and Brooklyn. Now I've hit retiremnt age there's no need to hang around for work.

sunshine's going through a bit of renewal, i quite like it as a spot to live but as soon as my kid has finished highschool i'm going to think about a move over towards the dandenongs. north melbourne is a great spot.. hoping you mean you no longer need to hang around brooklyn/sunshine 😄

I remember doing a shutdown at the Meadowlea factory where I was bicycling to the job. The rats in the rail yard had me a bit worried. They were that big and full of attitude that I thought they'd try to mug me and nick my bike. I wonder where they've gone since the rail works.

55 minutes ago, xjjohnn0 said:

I remember doing a shutdown at the Meadowlea factory where I was bicycling to the job. The rats in the rail yard had me a bit worried. They were that big and full of attitude that I thought they'd try to mug me and nick my bike. I wonder where they've gone since the rail works.

pretty sure they're still there and still happy to nick your bike also. if it's not nailed down in the west it'll be nicked in 5 minutes.. if it is probably will take them 10 😄