Coopers Community

My First Brew

47 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

My response was about using 2 cans of APA - And the 2 cans were into a 20+ litre brew and 2 cans of APA into a craft FV would be a quadcan. 😄

Ok, what about using 2 or 3 craft kit cans (8.5Lt) in the regular FV (23+ Lt)?

26 minutes ago, pilotsh said:

Ok, what about using 2 or 3 craft kit cans (8.5Lt) in the regular FV (23+ Lt)?

Personally I would use both yeasts (or 3 if doing 3 cans) - the reason is the kit is designed for a particular result - under pitching might not let it achieve that result or could be very slow to ferment. Coopers and other kit companies don't want to produce a poor functioning kit but also wouldn't waste money, so they give the minimum they can get away with to provide the user with a good experience.

Or you could use 1 of the yeasts and make a starter. 😄

Edited by Journeyman

• 2 weeks later...

So I did a little test today which involves sugar sachets, as I can grab a couple extra each time I coffee up at the local servo.... these little babies are perfectly 3grams, which if I have worked out are perfect for a 330ml

next time I bottle I might throw a few of these into separate bottles and test if there is much difference between these and drops 

6411EDD1-138A-474E-BF6B-821970553D5C.jpeg

• Like 3

I'm super stoked to get my 72 x 330ml brown glass bottles, just in time for a couple of batches.....

I can't believe I have already brewed 8 lots of beer, I think I'm almost ready to take the next step and start adding extra bits to my brews, currently I have made all toucans.

my biggest issue has been patience, but I finally had got to around 19 days with my mid strength cerveza and it was so much better than previously tasted.... thankfully I have another 4 pets for the coming weekend, and I may do a couple of testers aswell on the Apa and Full strength cerveza that I have in glass storage, approx 2weeks aged.

atleast I have finally stockpiled enough that, barring a major sesh, I should be able to just let my beer age properly now.... 

• Haha 1