Coopers Community

SMASH Recipe for new BrewZilla 3.1

I finally got this into the fermenter today..... I know I am a slackass. Been flat out lately and then needed to get the yeast starter going but we finally got there.

Looks like I got a bit of hot break in there but not too fussed. I am gonna make a hook so I can pull out the false bottom of the Brewzilla before the boil which will allow me to properly whirlpool for next brew. Should help with the hot break situation.

Wort smelt great and plenty of trusty US-05 went in so will see how she goes 🙂

• Like 1

Did my second brew yesterday on the BrewZilla.

Same grain amount, but Amarillo hops this time. Bumped the IBU's up to about 35 as per Kelsey's advice. Will be interested to compare the two.

Bumped my mill gap to 1mm this time so a little larger and didn't use the fine mesh screen on the bottom of the malt pipe. Was much better in regards to mash/sparge.

Got the exact same OG too - Brewfather predicting 1.051 and hit 1.052. Happy days.

• Like 1

Just checked my FG and added my dry hops to this, it's dropped down to 1.006 😮

Wasn't expecting it to drop that low, I didnt get that attenuation when brewing extract. 

Tastes are OK, tastes a little boozy but at 6% I guess that's going to happen. Once it's ages, carbes and the dry hops do their thing I think she will be right 🙂

If I wanted to end with a higher FG on some brews, do I need to play with my mash temp? 

Cheers 🙂

Edited by MitchellScott