Coopers Community

My Keezer Build

Beer Baron

Looks great BB. The army’s Bushmaster infantry mobility vehicles use the same type of insulation in their engine bays that you have in your keezer. We used to use the tape pictured below to seal up and waterproof the insulation joints in them when they were built. It’s highly resistant to very high and low temperatures, is metallic and sticks like poo to a blanket. If the duct tape you are using in your picture proves inadequate it might be worth giving this a try. It’s sold in hardware stores and it is used on heater, air conditioner and refrigeration ducting.

Bushmaster tape.JPG

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, thebeerpig said:

Looks great BB. The army’s Bushmaster infantry mobility vehicles use the same type of insulation in their engine bays that you have in your keezer. We used to use the tape pictured below to seal up and waterproof the insulation joints in them when they were built. It’s highly resistant to very high and low temperatures, is metallic and sticks like poo to a blanket. If the duct tape you are using in your picture proves inadequate it might be worth giving this a try. It’s sold in hardware stores and it is used on heater, air conditioner and refrigeration ducting.

Bushmaster tape.JPG

That might have been a better a option but this will do for now. Thanks

20 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

I lined the keezer with insulation today. It came out pretty good. All I have left now is to get a custom bar runner and I also need some strong magnets to hold my drip tray on the front. 

FEB93A71-D0CA-410C-BC40-16A9E80CBEE1.jpeg

Same freezer but 2 years older. Give me an idea for a project. So the collar presume you just unscrew the freezer top and fix it to the collar?

Hi Baron.

23 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

I lined the keezer with insulation today. It came out pretty good. All I have left now is to get a custom bar runner and I also need some strong magnets to hold my drip tray on the front. 

FEB93A71-D0CA-410C-BC40-16A9E80CBEE1.jpeg

I was just curious on how the collar is being held in place on top of the main part of the freezer? Most guys attach a sleeve on the inside (or outside) of the painted up collar that sits inside (or outside) the freezer dropping below the collar to hold it in place. I can't see anything from the pics.

I like where you've mounted the manifold, the use of insulation, & the tap fittings. Well done, looks really good! 😎

Cheers,

Lusty.

Edited by Beerlust
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

Hi Baron.

I was just curious on how the collar is being held in place on top of the main part of the freezer? Most guys attach a sleeve on the inside (or outside) of the painted up collar that sits inside (or outside) the freezer dropping below the collar to hold it in place. I can't see anything from the pics.

I like where you've mounted the manifold, the use of insulation, & the tap fittings. Well done, looks really good! 😎

Cheers,

Lusty.

It’s actually just stuck on with quality double sided tape. I didn’t see the need to use an inner collar piece or liquid nails or screws. I give it a big of a push and it doesn’t move at all so that’s good enough for me. 

8 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

It’s actually just stuck on with quality double sided tape. I didn’t see the need to use an inner collar piece or liquid nails or screws. I give it a big of a push and it doesn’t move at all so that’s good enough for me. 

Hopefully all holds together & no moisture gets into it. I haven't seen one mounted this way, so hopefully no mould related issue begin to surface.

So what's on tap at the Beer Baron Brewery right now?

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

So what's on tap at the Beer Baron Brewery right now?

I have a simcoe/chinook pale ale, rice lager and some soft drink for the kids. I still have one empty tap so I need to get more productive and do more brewing. I was thinking about something different like an alcoholic ginger beer or alcoholic lemonade. 

• Like 1