Coopers Community

Catharina Sour

ben 10

17 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

No lactobacillus? 

Now, theoretically, if one was to do something silly like this, would the fruit have to be cooked to sanitise or just slapped in as is?

Im just going to run with a kilo or two of frozen cherries or raspberries in the packet from the supermarket. I've heard they cause no issues. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, disgruntled said:

image.png.d3f977f989350254d238f5e4b9fceab2.png

Recipe looks like a winner.  I have a Japanese Blood Plum tree that usually produces buckets of fruit.  My brother has one too.  He stews his.  I just eat them fresh off the tree and give them to family/work.  I am getting ideas for a fruit brew.  Not sure how it will taste, but I bet it will be a glorious colour.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2021 at 11:28 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Recipe looks like a winner.  I have a Japanese Blood Plum tree that usually produces buckets of fruit.  My brother has one too.  He stews his.  I just eat them fresh off the tree and give them to family/work.  I am getting ideas for a fruit brew.  Not sure how it will taste, but I bet it will be a glorious colour.

Sorry to go OT peoples.

I have a JBP tree too and when I can keep the bloody Sulfur Crested Cockatoos out of it I can get enough for some big batches of spicy plum sauce.  Usually about February the neighbors start knocking on my door looking for their jars when they see the tree has been loaded in January plus they can probably smell me cooking it up as I do that outdoors.  Started off giving away 500 ml jars but now they want 1 L jars of the stuff.

Keeps for years and goes well on Chicken Schnitzels BBQ pork chops, Grilled lamb chops, Chinese chicken or pork stir frys and I have even used as a dipping sauce for crumbed flat head tails.

@Shamus O'Sean , you and your brother need to get yourselves a bottle of EZSAUCE from the supermarket and cook some up.  You will get two big batches of spicy plums sauce out of 1 bottle of EZSAUCE. 

See their recipe here (slightly different to my own but close enough), you will not regret it. 😋😋😋

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...