Coopers Community

Catharina Sour

ben 10

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ben 10 said:

Jaboticaba cooking up for the fermenter in a few days

IMG_20200301_163300.thumb.jpg.023cfad87f530c9c79741614171866ae.jpg

I think someone has had a lend of you mate. They look like kalamata olives to me.

Maybe look to put them on your sourdough pizza! Bahahaha! 🤣

Cheers,

Lusty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Alright @Adam Ant here is a thread with a thread in the thread. I'm sure @Aussiekraut will be keen too with his new found love of the beers from the fatherland.

image.png.d3f977f989350254d238f5e4b9fceab2.png

Ferment the beer as per normal, then when almost done put the frozen and defrosted berries in. Or whatever fruit.

The yeast will not contaminate anything. It will not continue to sour when bottled. It is a normal yeast that ferments normally but produces some lactic acid which add a tang.

It's amazing, so much easier than the cube sour method.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

Alright @Adam Ant here is a thread with a thread in the thread. I'm sure @Aussiekraut will be keen too with his new found love of the beers from the fatherland.

Ferment the beer as per normal, then when almost done put the frozen and defrosted berries in. Or whatever fruit.

The yeast will not contaminate anything. It will not continue to sour when bottled. It is a normal yeast that ferments normally but produces some lactic acid which add a tang.

Beautiful thanks for your help @disgruntled. That is the sort of recipe I'm looking for. I'm glad I asked. Some good study material. 

34 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

No lactobacillus? 

Now, theoretically, if one was to do something silly like this, would the fruit have to be cooked to sanitise or just slapped in as is?

1 minute ago, Aussiekraut said:

No lactobacillus? 

No, this is a simple tasty not complex one. No horse blanket, hay, grass, monk armpit flavours.

I did not do anything to the fruit, I defrosted in the fridge and threw it in.
I have used frozen passionfruit pulp before and will be using dragonfruit soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1