Coopers Community

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet

53 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

On the weekend I had an issue opening recipes on the Coopers website.  Instead of going to the recipe, it went to the Coopers DIYbeer home page.  Maybe that had something to do with your issue. 

Hi Shamus,

All links appear to work fine mate.

As posted above, my belief is that this reported issue is directly related to a personal computer setting: specifically their "Trust Center" settings.

Thank you all for the help, however, it is still not working even when i go directly on the coopers page. I have most of the time the 404 page not found issue. Could it be because i am from Canada and can't have access to all the recipes?

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, mausim said:

Thank you all for the help, however, it is still not working even when i go directly on the coopers page. I have most of the time the 404 page not found issue. Could it be because i am from Canada and can't have access to all the recipes?

I know little about technology but I do believe there's a separate Coopers DIY website for outside of Australia so you are probably right about not being able to access.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, mausim said:

Yes @mausim I do believe that is your issue.
Are you able to open this link to the DIY Brewing Recipe Resource Forum?

If you can, you will be able to access the info @Shamus O'Sean posts here for those members outside of Australia. 

If you can access this page DIY Brewing Recipe Resource and then search with the phrase " Recipe of the Month" and then narrow that search by selecting more search options, it should be easy to find what you are looking for.

Try this.

1. Access this page DIY Brewing Recipe Resource 
  2. Search with the term  " Recipe of the Month"
  3. Now narrow the search by selecting "Content titles only

HAPPY DAYZ 🤞

Here's some visuals of those steps outlined above

image.thumb.png.b94b42263072536a445d28045726dc5c.png

Then use the "More Search Options"

image.thumb.png.5b7d0ae44862ab2bbc6d1cc1ca09768c.png

Then change the setting of "Find the Results In" form "Content titles and body" to "Content titles only" you should find all of the recipes there that you can access and open the pdf's attached for the recipes image.thumb.png.8135029e4b0c21f5c5e0a897d85310ee.png

Having said all of that, if you get stuck and you would like someone to post here a pdf copy of a recipe, just sing out we'd be happy ta help our Canadian Cousin 😉

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mausim said:

That is it folks. I can't access all your good recipes because out of Australia. I found and easy solution. I just use a VPN and Tadaaaa, lol.

Hey Mausim, the other option is, the spreadsheet has a link in Column BB to a recipe specific post on the Coopers Forum.  Like this one here.  Unfortunately, I only introduced this feature for recipes released from February 2020.  If Column BB has the word "Yes" in the cell, the recipe has its own post.

The recipe post includes a link back to the recipe on the Coopers website (the one where you get an error).  Plus a plain old pdf file of the recipe, that you should be able to download and open with ease.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Triple B Brewing said:

So I am not the total computer whiz I'd sometimes like to think I am🤓, but I am pretty certain, the macros in this spreadsheet will not cause links to external sites to be blocked. This will be a personal setting on a users set up.
Here's a Microsoft help page on disabling macros if this is the info you are after.
However, I believe this might be the actual help page you are after in relation to external links being blocked in Office documents: This is another Microsoft Support Page Block or unblock external content in Office documents. This support page will work you though setting up your "Trust Center".

Hoping that might help all on this post 🤞 🙏 😉
Happy brewin' everyone 😋 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺

Thank You for the links, I don't use Microsoft but the principles still apply to my system.

I use Linux, Ubuntu, and LibreOffice.

These days, I don't do enough on the computer and I am happy with the way it all runs. Apart from the spreadsheet not opening links back to Coopers Recipes, I can't think of anything that won't load or work. I might read up on it one day when it's raining and I'm having a Beer, but till then, Cheers🍻

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2024 at 6:51 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hey Mausim, the other option is, the spreadsheet has a link in Column BB to a recipe specific post on the Coopers Forum.  Like this one here.  Unfortunately, I only introduced this feature for recipes released from February 2020.  If Column BB has the word "Yes" in the cell, the recipe has its own post.

The recipe post includes a link back to the recipe on the Coopers website (the one where you get an error).  Plus a plain old pdf file of the recipe, that you should be able to download and open with ease.

Thank you Shamus for this helpful info.

• Like 2

Good day to you all. Does anyone on this blog would have the recipe for the Defibrillator? This one was made with the winter dark ale that is discontinued and can't access the recipe. Thanks in advance, Cheers.

6 hours ago, mausim said:

Good day to you all. Does anyone on this blog would have the recipe for the Defibrillator? This one was made with the winter dark ale that is discontinued and can't access the recipe. Thanks in advance, Cheers.

Here is a pdf of the recipe created by a Coopers member ages ago.

Defibrillator.pdf

I would normally say you can figure it out from the spreadsheet.  However, when I looked at the pdf recipe, I see I got the amount of Sugar wrong in the spreadsheet.  It is not 1kg, it is meant to be 0.25kg.  Apologies to anybody who made that beer using what I had in the spreadsheet.  In summary the recipe should be:

• 1.3kg Winter Dark Ale
  • 0.25kg Robust Liquid Malt Extract 
  • 0.25kg Sugar
  • Use the yeast with the can

As the Winter Dark Ale is discontinued, if I was looking to make a beer like Defibrillator, I would go with a 23 litre batch of:

• 1.7kg Coopers Dark Ale
  • 1.5kg Dark Liquid Malt Extract
  • 1.2kg Sugar
  • Yeast with the can
  • Like 2