Coopers Community

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet

13 hours ago, Hambone said:

This is great @Shamus O'Sean and very much appreciated. Is the scaling function still on the spreadsheet. I couldn't find it.

Cheers

Hi Hambone and welcome to the Forum.

My spreadsheet does not have the scaling function.  @Thirsty Jim's version of the spreadsheet did have the recipe scaler.  Jim stopped uploading his spreadsheet a few years ago.  I was simultaneously keeping my spreadsheet up to date.  So when he stopped I started uploading my version.  Unfortunately it does not have the scaling function.

Having said that, if you are doing a different sized batch, all you have to do is multiply the ingredient amounts by the ratio of the original batch size to your batch size.  So if you want to make a 10 litre batch instead of a 23 litre batch, multiply the ingredient amounts by 10/23 = 0.43   I never bothered with different batch sizes too much because measuring out 0.43 of a can of extract can be messy.  Plus, you have to store the leftover contents of the can in the fridge and use it within about a month.  Sometimes that is not convenient.

Anyway, happy brewing.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hi Hambone and welcome to the Forum.

My spreadsheet does not have the scaling function.  @Thirsty Jim's version of the spreadsheet did have the recipe scaler.  Jim stopped uploading his spreadsheet a few years ago.  I was simultaneously keeping my spreadsheet up to date.  So when he stopped I started uploading my version.  Unfortunately it does not have the scaling function.

Having said that, if you are doing a different sized batch, all you have to do is multiply the ingredient amounts by the ratio of the original batch size to your batch size.  So if you want to make a 10 litre batch instead of a 23 litre batch, multiply the ingredient amounts by 10/23 = 0.43   I never bothered with different batch sizes too much because measuring out 0.43 of a can of extract can be messy.  Plus, you have to store the leftover contents of the can in the fridge and use it within about a month.  Sometimes that is not convenient.

Anyway, happy brewing.

ok great thanks @Shamus O'Sean. Much appreciate.

cheers

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet - November 2022

Hi Team

Latest Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet is attached.  November 2022 ROTM added: Super Slurper Hazy IPA & Golden Mosaic Citrus Saison.

Click on the recipe name for pdf's of those recipes.

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet V2.12.19.xlsx

Spreadsheet functionality: 

• Links to Recipe artwork and pdf of more recent recipes at the far right
  • You can click on the recipe name to jump to the recipe on the Coopers website (for those in au only)
  • The little triangle icons beside each column title are auto-filters and can be used to sort the spreadsheet by the respective column
  • You can also use the drop boxes of the variables in each column to show those variables you want to see.  
  • For example, under Difficulty if you choose the Easy variable then only those recipes rated as Easy will be displayed
  • Or under Can 1, if you choose Real Ale only those recipes that have the Original Series Real Ale (as the main recipe can) will be displayed.  Unfortunately I am not clever enough to be able to show those recipes where Can 2 is a Real Ale
  • Any queries?  Post them to this thread.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet - January 2023 (I missed December 2022, so adding it now)

Hi Team

Latest Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet is attached. 

Click on the recipe name for pdf's of these recipes.

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet V2.12.20.xlsx

• You can click on the recipe name to jump to the recipe on the Coopers website (for those in au only)
  • The little triangle icons beside each column title are auto-filters and can be used to sort the spreadsheet by the respective column
  • You can also use the drop boxes of the variables in each column to show those variables you want to see.  
  • For example, under Difficulty if you choose the Easy variable then only those recipes rated as Easy will be displayed
  • Or under Can 1, if you choose Real Ale only those recipes that have the Original Series Real Ale (as the main recipe can) will be displayed.  Unfortunately I am not clever enough to be able to show those recipes where Can 2 is a Real Ale

Special thanks to Frank from Coopers Customer Service for providing me the IBU and EBC info for Old Town Lager.  For some reason this info did not upload to the website properly, but they could not hold up releasing the ROTM due to a technical hitch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet - February 2023

Hi Team

Latest Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet is attached.  February 2023 ROTM added: Norse Pale Ale & Summer Sesh Ale.

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet V2.12.21.xlsx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet - April 2023 (I missed March 2023, so adding it now)

Hi Team

Latest Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet is attached. 

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet V2.12.22.xlsx

• Links to Recipe artwork and pdf of most recipes at the far right
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• 1 month later...

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet - May 2023

Hi Team

Latest Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet is attached.  May 2023 ROTM added: Coopers Genuine Draught & Rollin' Cinnamon Stout

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet V2.12.23.xlsx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet - June 2023

Hi Team

Latest Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet is attached.  June 2023 ROTM added: Maple Syrup Brown Ale & Strata-Sphere IPA.

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet V2.12.24.xlsx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet - July 2023

Hi Team

Latest Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet is attached.  July 2023 ROTM added: Lazy 'n' Hazy Pale Ale & Azacca-Cadabra Pale Ale.

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet V2.12.25.xlsx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet - August 2023

Hi Team

Latest Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet is attached.  August 2023 ROTM added: Coopers Vintage Ale 2023 & Dark Shadows Black IPA

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet V2.12.26.xlsx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hi Team

Latest Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet is attached.  August 2023 ROTM added: Coopers Vintage Ale 2023 & Dark Shadows Black IPA

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet V2.12.26.xlsx 234.91 kB · 0 downloads

Good work Shamus, as always. 🏆  THROTDO

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:
14 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hi Team

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet V2.12.26.xlsx 234.91 kB · 0 downloads

Expand  

Good work Shamus, as always. 🏆  THROTDO

Maybe it should read: THROTYO, Thnaks heaps Shamus, @Shamus O'Sean

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet - September 2023

Hi Team

Latest Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet is attached.  September 2023 ROTM added: Supernova Cold IPA & Citrus Sunburst Wit.

Click on the recipe name for pdf's of these recipes.

@Triple B Brewing added some functionality to the Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet.  Hence the new version numbering.  Triple B Brewing has:

• Macro enabled the spreadsheet and updated it with a code which will provide an automatic revision date (at cell B1) each time the sheet is edited and saved
  • Has also brought over the worksheets of “Cooper's Kits”, “Legend” and “Colour” from @Thirsty Jim’s workbook.
  • Has added a formula and look up within the "Cooper's Kits" worksheet under the heading Recipes with multiple Extracts Used to identify what Cooper's Kits are listed as Can 1, 2 and or 3 and in which recipes.
  • Has also found Thirsty’s Recipe Scaler so TBB reeved that up a tad and also added it to the workbook.

Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet V3.09.23.xlsm

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Thank You for maintaining the Spreadsheet and to @Triple B Brewing for the Upgrade, and all who have contributed to it in the past.

Fantastic!

Thanks @DavidM hope the newly added functions become useful for some at some point. 
But it’s @Shamus O'Sean who is the real hero here with his continued maintenance and updates made, without such dedication we wouldn’t have the resource available to all - So thank you SOS ! 😉

Cheers 🍺🍺

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

@Shamus O'Sean @Triple B Brewing
Thank you again for the spreadsheet. I use it sporadically and find it a great help.
I coyly write this because I don't want to sound ungrateful but I also know you guys would like to be accurate. I was just looking at stout recipes and noticed Stouter Stout uses BE3 but the spreadsheet has BE2.  A minor issue. However, now I've pointed it out you guys probably won't sleep until it's rectified. Haaaahaaa.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Malter White said:

Thank you again for the spreadsheet. I use it sporadically and find it a great help.
I coyly write this because I don't want to sound ungrateful but I also know you guys would like to be accurate. I was just looking at stout recipes and noticed Stouter Stout uses BE3 but the spreadsheet has BE2.  A minor issue. However, now I've pointed it out you guys probably won't sleep until it's rectified. Haaaahaaa.

Good timing. SOS & TBB will be working their noses to the grindstone right now adding the new ROTMs to the spreadsheet. If you'd waited another week to alert them they'd have to start over again from scratch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Malter White said:

Thanks for the pick-up Malter.  It will be fixed in the next update.  You are right though, no sleep until it is fixed.  Cheers Shamus.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1