Coopers Community

Sports

PaddyBrew2

2 hours ago, Beerdo said:

I thought I should dig up this old comment in the wake of Todd becoming a Bathurst 1000 champion yesterday.
In what turned out to be a fairly boring race with only 1 safety car I personally found it very exciting due to my vested interest in Todd. He's a great kid who deserves the success and just so you know his parents are home brewers too. So he's clearly from good stock.

That's outstanding mate, what an effort. I love hearing these stories, and really nice to know that there are humble people out there who can still make it to the top of the mountain. Well played young Todd.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Beerdo said:

I thought I should dig up this old comment in the wake of Todd becoming a Bathurst 1000 champion yesterday.
In what turned out to be a fairly boring race with only 1 safety car I personally found it very exciting due to my vested interest in Todd. He's a great kid who deserves the success and just so you know his parents are home brewers too. So he's clearly from good stock.

I liked how the race went without the safety car, to be honest. Yes, I agree, it did get a little boring when car number one pulled away and left everybody in their dust but they had a great package and great drivers and all was perfect. But we could see Feeney started catching up anyway and the end of the race would have been just as exciting as it was without the safety car. 

But we saw the most important thing: Ford didn't win 🙂 

• Haha 2

@Aussiekraut Yes, Feeney was certainly making me nervous with the time he was making up. I believe it was to do with superior tyre condition compared to Kostecki's and Kostecki had fresh tyres awaiting at the next pit stop. The safety car then forced the pit stop and the rest is history. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Beerdo said:

@Aussiekraut Yes, Feeney was certainly making me nervous with the time he was making up. I believe it was to do with superior tyre condition compared to Kostecki's and Kostecki had fresh tyres awaiting at the next pit stop. The safety car then forced the pit stop and the rest is history. 

I guess you could say “Well played” then eh 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1