Coopers Community

Yedina Red Ale?

Chezza

Hey fellas,

So I had my Xmas party last night at a Boardwalk tavern in the upmarket suburb of Sanctuary Cove and instead of drinking the same ole shat I decided to have a crack at the "craft" beers they had on tap.. Started with a fat yak, moved onto stone and wood pacific ale which as soon as I had a mouthfull I was like yum cascade.. Then a xxxx and a tooheys and then I seen they had this red ale on tap so I thought it would be a good conversation starter so I grabbed one of those..

To say I was blown away is an understatement I was literely trying to break this beer down so I could try clone it.

It had a nice bitter hoppy start but finished honey, but not fermented honey I'm thinking like pasturised then late addition honey.. It was delicious and I wanted more but like all good things it was gone...

It didn't have a proper tap just hand written and there is nothing showing up on google does anyone know this mystery beer?

p.s. turns out stone and wood don't even use cascade haha ahh well at least I know I can sub galaxy and cascade if I'm ever in a bind

Sorry Chezza, I can't find anything on the Yedina Red Ale. Is Yedina the brewery? If not, do you know who the brewer is?

Also, everyone's perceptions are different but I find Cascade & Galaxy to be very different and not substitutes for each other. They go beautifully together by the way.

Just a guess, but maybe your thinking of the Yandina Brewing Co. Yandina is a tiny place near Eumundi (anyone remember the Eumundi microbrewery about 40 years ago; maybe its still going), in the hinterland near Nambour.

No mention of a red ale though, so maybe its very new.

Eumundi (anyone remember the Eumundi microbrewery about 40 years ago; maybe its still going)' date=' in the hinterland near Nambour.[/quote']

G'day P2, it's sad that all that bottle collection you did via copious cartons of Coopers Sparkling Ale had such an adverse effect on your temporal grasp and perspective of relativity, so sad. sadtongue

One of my mates late father in-law did the electrical engineering work and a lot more on the Eumundi Brewery setup, late 1980's P2, not quiet the over stated 40 years, but yes had the exclusive insider tour and drank the beer. wink

Cheers.

• 3 months later...

Ahh, I get it now; I should have picked up on this before.

Yenda is a beer brand/range from the Australian Beer Company which is owned by Coca Cola Amatil and Casella Wines. They have a brewery in Yenda.

I haven't tried any of the range as yet. I only started hearing about them over here in SA a month or so ago.

I expect they'll sell a few more of these though, as they'd have to taste better than "Arvo". whistling

Sorry P2. innocent

Cheers,

Lusty.

I have seen the Alehouse Draught on tap at my local golf club but whenever I go there it seems to be out.

I would have thought with Coke's marketing and distribution channels that it would be everywhere but perhaps brewing capacity is holding them back.

Archived