Coopers Community

Prices don't make much sense

• 1 month later...

I also did the sums on some of their recipe the month and also found it was cheaper to buy separately

put the price up ,tell every one its a never to be repeated special, great trick of salesmen

Please explain ,as someone from Queensland once said , well i think it was Queensland

The way I take it from the lack of any response from anyone at coopers whom surely would have seen this thread thats been bouncing around for some time now, it looks to be deliberate sales ploy.

Kind of disappointing really, I hope I'm wrong though and there just a lttle slow doing anything about it.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your feedback & your patience, As you can imagine we are always busy!!!

The Beer & Ginger Packs have been designed for convenience and yes in some cases they can be a dollar or so more than if you buy them individually.

This is to ease the process of running around looking for different ingredients, when you can just find them in one convenient pack.

You are more than welcome to purchase them individually if that works out cheaper for you.

Cheers,

Coopers

Hi Guys' date='

Thanks for your feedback & your patience, As you can imagine we are always busy!!!

The Beer & Ginger Packs have been designed for convenience and yes in some cases they can be a dollar or so more than if you buy them individually.

This is to ease the process of running around looking for different ingredients, when you can just find them in one convenient pack.

You are more than welcome to purchase them individually if that works out cheaper for you.

Cheers,

Coopers[/quote']

sad

Dear Coopers,

that is an extraordinarily odd answer considering the OP's question was regarding Ginger Beer which does not require ANY ingredients that are special.

Where does the process of clicking "buy" make anyone's life any easier than clicking buy on three or whatever products?

I am perplexed and befuddled.

Hi Guys' date='

Cheers,

Coopers[/quote']

BS! What a piss poor excuse, I'm boycotting coopers store and products out of principle!

It's a tax on the unaware plain and simple

Mr Cooper,

Please don't forget that we promote your brand and products a great deal and we work for free!

Keep making great beer & homebrew products, look after us and the world will be a better place.

Guzz love

ps: Can I have a free Bottle Opener please? whistling

pps: Also, a ROTM each month.

Not a family company any more by that response ,run by university graduates that cant add up

well there is always Morgan

i might stop using coopers cans of malt and extras

It took Coopers 11days the get that response right ,and its full of BS

Let’s brake this down and analyse what is really being said, in my opinion.

Hi Guys' date='

[b'](bland salutation)[/b]

(Why do you people keep asking stupid questions? I got the short straw. We couldn’t put it off any longer, the boss told us to.)

(We had a sweepstake going in the office to see how long it would take for someone to notice the price difference and then bitch about it, I didn’t win annoyed!)

(The packs were just chucked together to fill the web pages and priced to fuel another sweepstake. How many drongos per week buy at these prices? I haven’t won that either annoyed!)

(You can buy whatever you want, I couldn’t careless, members get a 10% discount anyhow, whinging bastards, piss off)

Cheers,

(Up yours)

Coopers

I expect this to be deleted or not responded to; it took from the 9th of April to the 21st of May for Coopers to reply.

I hope none of this is close to the truth, but no comment is better than a very poor one.

Ask a politician. winkget it?

Cheers.

I don't think the tone of this thread is going to get anyone from Coopers who deals with enquiries about home brew products onside.

The Recipe of the Month packs are put together after being trialled in-house & can give novice brewers a chance to try new beers without having to research & try "trial & error" to get good results. I think the convenience part of their response is so that a new brewer doesn't have to go to their LHBS looking for crystal malt grains or yeasts & be confronted with a wide variety & not know really what type they require & possibly purchase the wrong ones.

I have purchased one of the Recipe of the Month packs, purely for convenience as I wanted to try that style of beer & couldn't justify the 170km round trip to Adelaide for the ingredients. With free shipping I more than covered the fuel costs or postage from the LHBS.

Just my 2 bobs worth.

I'm slightly confused about the store.

It's actually cheaper to buy the ingredients separately to make a ginger beer rather than buy the pack. This is also true for some other beer packs.

Is there something I'm missing?

G’day Greg' date=' while you may be correct in what you say about the ROTM, that was not the question raised by the original post. Please see above, others had noticed these differences also.

May I please explain, if you were to buy a Ginger Beer Pack from the DIY Beer Packs,

Ginger Beer Pack... $18.40

If you were to buy a Ginger Beer can from Beer Brew Cans, Ginger Beer Brew Can... $12.00

If you were to then buy carbonation drops from Fermentables, Carbonation Drops... $4.00

We can quickly see that buying the bits separately from the same store and using a few extra mouse clicks we are able to save $2.40 on one item. Similar pricing is found on the other Beer Packs also.

Please investigate.

In six transactions you would save enough to buy an International Series Beer Brew Can of your choice?

To some this would not matter at all to others and when buying over time, well this could make a lot of difference.

That said however the prices are structured as they are and that is entirely up to the seller and I have no problems with that at all.

I reiterate my comment from my previous post, no comment is better than a poor one.

I have dealt with customer complaint and service issues in retail face to face and have had to put myself in the consumers place to reach resolution.

I do not hope to give offence just call it the way I see it, others may see it differently and that’s fine with me.

Oh by the way here is your bob, zac, threepence and penny change, sorry I spent the other tuppence. I hope you get the small joke here. wink

All the best.

Cheers.

EDIT: The links no longer work due to changes made to the store page 06/06/2014.

Archived