Coopers Community

Japanese beer.

Jay

Not showing off, but just had a posh work lunch at a fancy Japanese restaurant.... tried Yebisu and Hitachino White Ale for the first time.

Absolutely lovely both of them.... or maybe it was the fact that they were free.

I reckon a bit of both.

Anyone tried?

Crikey. Just looked at the prices in the restaurant for those beers.

Yebisu - $20 (500ml)

Hitachino Nest - $16 (330ml)

Ouch! Guess I wont be trying those again.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a few "Kirins" today at my local Jap Restaurant.

Very nice beer indeed. Lovely hop smell in the first one, which seemed to diminish quite quickly, like the head, but still very very drinkable.

Goes very nicely with the sushimi.

"Kirin's special 'First Press' method produces pure, smooth flavours and a pale amber shine, crowned with a rich, creamy head. Only the first mix of malt and water is extracted when ingredients are at their purest to deliver what in Japan is considered a blessing."

I wonder what they do with the "second mix of malt and water" ?

Pretty sure the fourth , fifth and sixth mix they send to Tooheys who water it down. Then they send it down south to the mexicans (to make VB)

I can honestly say that VB was/is a consumable product that my body rejected outright the first time the two came in contact with one another. sick

If this had been the only beer product on the market at our time of introduction, I would have begun home brewing much sooner! bandit

VB & it's off-shoots owe me a S#%T load of lost hours of good beer drinking time! devil

Anthony.

Archived