Coopers Community

Commercial Clones

ash

King I like the look of the version you have posted based on the fact that the majority of the recipes I researched are very similarly based around wheat extracts. Ash I am going to give your yak ago along side Kings version of the Stella. I have all ingredients pretty close to what is needed and might even add some grains, any ideas would be a great help.

[lol]

King I like the look of the version you have posted based on the fact that the majority of the recipes I researched are very similarly based around wheat extracts. Ash I am going to give your yak ago along side Kings version of the Stella. I have all ingredients pretty close to what is needed and might even add some grains' date=' any ideas would be a great help.[/quote']

[lol] Phat YAK when I started this thread I was looking for you to say,My name is PhAt YAK & have I got a recipie for you [lol] .It's called Fat Yak.But anyway my megga swills friends as I said be fore love it ,I havn't thougt about grains in it yet but I think it needs a little more hoping,so maybe the Centennial instead of POR might do it.Whats the worst that could happen ( nothing i'll drink it anyway )

Fat Yak

Isn't that Cascade and Nelson Sauvin?

I'd make it with a 3kg of LME and 300g medium Crystal bittered with Magnum, with the flavour and aroma coming from the other two

[unsure] [unsure]

Ash I can honestly say that I myself have not done many clones of real beers[bandit] megaswills on the other hand yes. If I walk into a bar and both coopers pale ale & Fat Yak are on tap I find it very hard to choose[love]. I have a mate who just can't choose so he has a schooner of 50/50. I am now ready to commit to cloning every commercial favorite craft brew of mine.

.So many different recipes floating around in space, the Stella that I posted is a break down of the country brewer recipe and it called for a lot more maltodextrine than that aswell. Sorry for the input if it has left a cidery taste in your mouth[innocent]

When I first started kit beers I got a two page list of 'similar style' beer recipes from my LHBS.

The Stella recipe was:

Brewcraft Munich Lager

1kg DME

500g Dextrose

12g Hallertau - steeped

12g Saaz - steeped

I haven't tried it though.

Ash I can honestly say that I myself have not done many clones of real beers[bandit] megaswills on the other hand yes. If I walk into a bar and both coopers pale ale & Fat Yak are on tap I find it very hard to choose[love]. I have a mate who just can't choose so he has a schooner of 50/50. I am now ready to commit to cloning every commercial favorite craft brew of mine.

Maybe PB2 could come up with a Yak Clone[love] as recipie of the month

Hairy I was given a print out from my LHBS also which consisted of Aussie, imported and in-house beers which are all constructed using their own and endorsed products. These fact sheets are also free for download from their website along with a fair bit of other useful info. I can say as much as they all have different versions but are quiet similar. Good to see everyone's input.

Wednesday Golf day up in the lovely Sunshine Coast,but it was a not so Sunny overcast & drizzling ,so we decided to just have a punt & beer for a couple of hrs.I of the boys was drinking Carlton Black,i have never tried before but it was alright,tasted like aSmokey mtn brown I brewed a few times.

Q1 HAVE U BOYS tried Carton Black.

Q2 Do U HAVE a home grown clone for it.

I thought it was Emu that was known as wifebeaters [lol]

Ash, I have tried a Carlton Black. It was ok, but lacked the depth of malt flavours that I expect in a dark ale.

I always thougth Stella was the wifebeater [lol]

So what you are saying Kelsey Is That Once You Go real Black you can't go back.[lol]

P.S.I saw on the news that you have Friday arvo off.[happy]

Yeah, well I mean, Carlton Black isn't a bad beer as such, it just seems too thin and watery and not as full on in flavour as I am used to in the dark ales I brew myself.

[lol] Yeah so I've heard.. news to me but I guess I'll find out all the details on Wednesday when I go back to work again.

• 1 month later...
Okie dokie, Stella apparently:

Munton's Premium Pilsner

Brewcraft #62 Czech Pilsner Kit Converter

500g wheat DME

Saflager yeast

22L (I'll make at least 23 to reduce ABV)

OG 1.050

FG 1.012

ABV 5.8%

Well, it's not that great. Not bad, but not blowing my socks off. I suppose it's only been in the bottle a couple of weeks but if it was showing promise I'd know. Just a bit uninteresting. Will need to do a side-by-side test of course.

Archived