Coopers Community

Caramunich goes really well with/in a ...

Hey Kelsey,

Have you ever tried putting something under the FV to raise the tap side of FV so most of the hop matter and trub settles to the back side leaving your tap free of hops? I do find that three weeks is better that two and racking to a secondary is best![sideways]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I haven't tried that yet. It's probably a bit of a much of a muchness really. I can either clean out 3 tea strainers or clean out another FV in order to rack it. I only have two FVs and I bulk prime so I kind of have to leave it in primary til bottling time. Well, I suppose I could rack it to the secondary and then rack it back to the primary but seems an awful lot of pissing around compared to rinsing a few strainers... [lol]

Fair enough. I've found 30g is a pretty good amount to notice the aroma and little extra flavour you get from dry hopping without it being overpowering. I don't mind the odd IPA but I don't know if I like them enough yet to make a whole 25 litre batch of it. Though I really enjoyed the Sierra Nevada one.

Fair enough. I've found 30g is a pretty good amount to notice the aroma and little extra flavour you get from dry hopping without it being overpowering. I don't mind the odd IPA but I don't know if I like them enough yet to make a whole 25 litre batch of it. Though I really enjoyed the Sierra Nevada one.

You go through some grain once you get into it too mate. [crying]

I've got a big mother of an IPA planned with about 7KG, and I haven't even dared to think about how much hops I'll need! [pinched]

When I get a coffee from a coffee shop, I always get a double shot.

When we eat Indian, I always get the Vindaloo.

When I used to smoke, I loved White Ox.

Hops, chili, caffeine, nicotine. Seems I'm never satisfied unless I'm being an idiot with things! [lol] [lol]

You go through some grain once you get into it too mate. [crying]

I've got a big mother of an IPA planned with about 7KG, and I haven't even dared to think about how much hops I'll need! [pinched]

When I get a coffee from a coffee shop, I always get a double shot.

When we eat Indian, I always get the Vindaloo.

When I used to smoke, I loved White Ox.

Hops, chili, caffeine, nicotine. Seems I'm never satisfied unless I'm being an idiot with things! [lol] [lol]

at last!!!!another white ox smoker!!!lol

No I haven't tried that yet. It's probably a bit of a much of a muchness really. I can either clean out 3 tea strainers or clean out another FV in order to rack it. I only have two FVs and I bulk prime so I kind of have to leave it in primary til bottling time. Well' date=' I suppose I could rack it to the secondary and then rack it back to the primary but seems an awful lot of pissing around compared to rinsing a few strainers... [lol']

Maybe it's time for another FV! Come one Kelsey...[devil] Another FV would mean you could brew more beer! This can only be a good thing! Right?[devil] [devil]

No I haven't tried that yet. It's probably a bit of a much of a muchness really. I can either clean out 3 tea strainers or clean out another FV in order to rack it. I only have two FVs and I bulk prime so I kind of have to leave it in primary til bottling time. Well' date=' I suppose I could rack it to the secondary and then rack it back to the primary but seems an awful lot of pissing around compared to rinsing a few strainers... [lol']

Maybe it's time for another FV! Come one Kelsey...[devil] Another FV would mean you could brew more beer! This can only be a good thing! Right?[devil] [devil]

you are truly a bad influence Chad [biggrin]

Ok, final recipe ...

1.5kg Coopers Amber LME

1.5kg Briess Pilsen LME (LHBS didn't have Coopers in stock)

0.5kg Light DME

250g Caramunich

25g Choc malt

25g Nelson @40

10g Cascade @25

15g Cascade @15

15g Cascade @5

10g Cascade Dry Hopped

US05 yeast

10L boil

23L total

OG 1.050

FG 1.013

IBU 93.4

EBC 24.0

ABV 5.3%

[lol]

The problem with that idea is, there's nowhere to store any of it, or another FV really. Plus it'd probably sit there for a year before I drank it, I like to drink my pales between 2 and 4 months. I've got plenty of beer on hand anyway - plus I've been asked to whip up a batch for my friend's wedding in October so that should be interesting, I'm thinking one of my American pales will go well. [cool]

Actually it's the girl who wants the beer more than him [lol] I often go around to their place with a few bottles of my latest experiment to sample. I've only known him about a year and her even less time, basically since they got together but they're both effin top people. I'd say he's a lucky guy anyway.. I hope I find a woman like her one day!

Actually it's the girl who wants the beer more than him [lol] .......... I'd say he's a lucky guy anyway.. I hope I find a woman like her one day!

Well what are you waiting for, go out and steal her before it's too late. I don't mean club her and drag her out by her hair but woo her. Win her over with your charm, charisma and brewing skills.

Sorry my wife has made me watch many romantic (so-called) comedies over the years and that is what they do. Oh, and don't forget to declare your undying love during the wedding ceremony for dramatic effect [wink]

I will be waiting for the update in October.

Just had a sip from the hydrometer after taking the usual half way sample' date=' and it seems pretty good [smile'] I think I could have perhaps used a spicier hop, but who doesn't like cascade anyway?

Nobody should [rightful]

I think Cascade would be my favourite hop. I will try new 'fancy' hops and I enjoy them but I always go back to the trusty Cascade. I don't seem to get bored with it.

It also compliments most other hops.

Just had a sip from the hydrometer after taking the usual half way sample' date=' and it seems pretty good [smile'] I think I could have perhaps used a spicier hop, but who doesn't like cascade anyway?

Nobody should [rightful]

I think Cascade would be my favourite hop. I will try new 'fancy' hops and I enjoy them but I always go back to the trusty Cascade. I don't seem to get bored with it.

It also compliments most other hops.

I with you, Hairy![cool] I don't think you can go wrong with Cascade in your brew.[smile]

Archived