Coopers Community

It is wnter

Mainiac

• 2 weeks later...

I was pulling the lighter drag so I was in the back (and yes it is slower) The first drag weighs around 200kg and mine is less than half of that. The heavy one does the rough cutting the light one smooths it out.

-21 min and high -15

The worst part about being in the back other than the bigfoots attacking is the first guy weakens the ice on rivers and lakes and the second guy goes through

I was pulling the lighter drag so I was in the back (and yes it is slower) The first drag weighs around 200kg and mine is less than half of that. The heavy one does the rough cutting the light one smooths it out.

-21 min and high -15

The worst part about being in the back other than the bigfoots attacking is the first guy weakens the ice on rivers and lakes and the second guy goes through

they look fun to get about in Maniac, how many people can you get on one or are they 1 person only.

From what you have said, does the rear snowbuggy have a can of bigfoot repellant and a snorkel as standard equipment?

Most of the snowmobiles are for one person but some will ride two.

I do not use big foot repellent, I carry a few bottles of home brew. They seem to be partial to the stouts. ( in truth the beer would freeze so you need to carry whiskey for emergencies) The sleds you see there are older but the new ones are much faster. My sled will go 175 kph. The only place you can go that fast is on the lakes but it is still not safe since everything is white and we have huge "pressure ridges". When the lakes make ice the ice expands and creates stress fractures. The ice chunks can be half as big as a small car an pile up 2-3 meters.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212161576323919733553.00047b1fd6417376ce671&msa=0

These are the trails close to my house

Thursday 3 January

Min 15

Max 36

Mostly sunny.

Friday 4 January

Min 23

Max 39

Windy. Sunny. Change at night.

[devil]

This.

This is the sort of weather I've been missing over summer the last few years. Apparently everyone's memory has gone missing too because they're all crapping on about some "heatwave". It was always like that when I was growing up.

Anyway, much prefer it to the temps Mainiac is experiencing, and I've never even experienced them! [lol]

• 3 weeks later...
-34 c at my house right now

-62 on top of the mountain.

F#CK THAT! I hate the cold. I went to Germany in November once and this cold white stuff fell out of the sky! What the hell was that?

It was so cold my head felt like it was in a vice.

I've told the boss, October at the latest from now on

Archived