Coopers Community

For as long as this lasts - Yob - Please leave till reg can read/respond

Guys, I sincerely apologise for anything Ive done to offend the regulars, newbs, hosts.

This will be my last ID and post here on this forum, I just wanted to have to have the opportunity to say that Ive really enjoyed learning with you guys and also enjoyed learning from you guys in my time here.. it is with regret that I go to siberia and leave this forum.

I was always happy to impart my experience and knowledge here and I feel that I should have been the better man when it came to the trolls I responded to with such inappropriate manner.. at the end of the day I should have been the better man and in that I failed.

I do not want to degrade this great forum any more than I have, but I would like it to be known that Im proud to have taken those trolls with me.

I value the friendship Ive found her over the last few years.

Unreservedly, I apologise to Paul, Coopers, regular forum members and guests for my behaviour.. really I should aspire to better.

For those that wish to stay in contact, Im also Yob on AHB and can easily be contacted via PM there.

Brew strong people, brew hard, if it aint hoppy you aint tryin..

I dont want this place to become a mess of broken links, guest names and deleted posts.

With respect, apologies and Beer/Hops best wishes [love]

Yob Exits

(with an edit for typos)

As I said in two posts dedicated to the subject matter Damn that Yob. And I think that everyone who read my posts knew that it was a term of affection.

From rinsing yeast to cranking up the hops, Yob is one of many who changed my perceptions about how to put together a DIY beer. The likes of Yob enabled me to move quickly from being a mixer to doing something that felt to me like home brewing. The result was some absolutely great kits and bits brews.

As far as I recall the only ongoing battle that we had was with regards to re-culturing Cooper\u2019s commercial yeast, we disagreed but the conversation remained amicable. So much so that when I get a stir plate (Damn that Yob) I will do the side by side experiment that Yob initiated.

If and when I move to AG, I will see more of you on AHB, until then my main (blind?) allegiance lies with Coopers and their malt extracts.

Kindest Regards to you Yob [wink]

Nice post mate.

I think that everyone here appreciates the help you provided and knowledge you imparted on this forum. I personally have learnt heaps from you and had a chuckle along the way.

And most people here know it isn't easy to ignore the bait sometimes.

All the best mate.

Very sorry to see you go Yob.

I've pretty much been absent for most of the latest crapstorm as due to a certain person (the original man of many names [biggrin] ) I've pretty much lost my will to frequent the forum. This is a shame because there are still some great blokes around here and quality new members arriving all the time.

Anyway mate - I'll finish with the words of Bruce Lee:

\u201cBe like beer making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your glass, be hoppy. Hoppy, like good beer. If you put beer into a glass, it becomes the glass. You put beer into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, and you'll get a smack. Honestly who drinks beer out of teapots. Now, beer can flow or it can crash. Be beer, my friend. Hoppy beer.\u201d

Thanks Yob.

Since I joined the forum, I doubt more than a day went by without watching you help out a brewer like me or set some bull**** artist straight for sending people in the wrong direction.

The time and effort you have put into the members of this forum is epic, not to mention the pictorial threads and an evil sense of humour which has always kept me larfing. [lol]

I agree that Paul had to do something to stop what was going on. This is a company website at the end of the day, and you don't need to be a member to read all the posts. Not good if you're trying to put a friendly face on for the rest of the world. [crying] Having said that, I wish it could have just been the trolls that were banished, not their assailants. (Where's the dragon slaying knight emoticon?[lol])

Happy brewing mate, and I hope we continue to touch base on AHB like we have been. [happy]

Yob, I have spent a lot of time reading here on this forum & your name came up a fair bit. I have learnt a helluva lot about brewing from it.

I will give you a call up on AHB.

Good luck with the pending arrival of Yob 2.0 in April [lol]

Archived