Coopers Community

And now for something completley different

Scottie

Can't belive how good this APA is. Started out thinking I would make the "Stone and Wood" Pacific Ale but I ended up with an "North Atlantic Ale". Only my second extract only brew and much much better than the first. I love this hop, Galaxy. And the keg system has settled down nicley (after the gas out last week) with all four beers poured perfectly.

Took much restraint not to have more, but that means more for later on.

As patriotic as I am you've gotta love those American Pale Ales.

Yep American Pale Ales are definitely in my favourite styles of beer. I've brewed a few of them ranging from extract recipes to all grain. My first all grain one was a recipe given to me by the Craftbrewer guys when I went in there to buy my urn etc. The current and second one is featured in my brewday thread. Can't wait to try it [biggrin] I might have to get a hold of this Galaxy, people seem to like it a lot and I'm keen to check it out.

I put a brew down yesterday:

Can Coopers Pale Ale

700g LDM

300g Dry Wheat Malt

20g Galaxy hops steeped

US-05 yeast

Will dry hop with 20g galaxy hops in a couple of days.

Another purchase of Galaxy hops is on the cards next time I am in Adelaide.

I have to admit galaxy is a favourite at the moment. [cool]

I put a brew down yesterday:

Can Coopers Pale Ale

700g LDM

300g Dry Wheat Malt

20g Galaxy hops steeped

US-05 yeast

Will dry hop with 20g galaxy hops in a couple of days.

Another purchase of Galaxy hops is on the cards next time I am in Adelaide.

Nice drop Greg. It is pretty similar to one of my regular brews.

Simple but delicious [love]

Nice drop Greg. It is pretty similar to one of my regular brews.

Simple but delicious [love]

I am looking to fill my freezer very soon will some more Galaxy. Versatile springs to mind based on my Styx River Pale and one end of the APA spectrum and the North Atlantic Ale at the other end. Waiting to sample my LCPA extract clone, which I am holding very high hopes for.

Ed's Hop Head

1 can Coopers APA

1 KG Light DME

400G Dark DME

15g Amarillo

15g Cascade

15g Simcoe

Steeped hops 20 min.

Just to clarify, it's an American Pale Ale style worked up on Ian H's spreadsheet. I've made basically the same recipe before using all Amarillo but dry hopped 1/3 of it. Also tasty! GregT5, in the keg a week and just cracked it. [biggrin]

Can't belive how good this APA is. .

Six of these tonight. [love]

It's a race. [devil]

Off to Austria in 6 days, should I blow this keg before then or have a few speccies waiting for me at the end of February.

No plans to put one down before I leave.

Can't belive how good this APA is. .

Six of these tonight. [love]

It's a race. [devil]

Off to Austria in 6 days, should I blow this keg before then or have a few speccies waiting for me at the end of February.

No plans to put one down before I leave.

Blow the keg [devil] You will need the practice before you hit Austria.

Not sure if you are going there but I remember a good night in the Augustiner Beer hall in Salzburg.

Augustiner

That was before I was a brewer so I didn't do a tour [pinched]

That sounds tasty.

How about adding a dry hop to it also? maybe another 15g cascade and 15g Amarillo..?

That sounds good LE. It was my intention to dry hop but the time slipped past LOL Getting lazy in my reclining years!

A can of Coopers Amber malt and 200 Dex has also produced good results in lieu of the DME. I love the spreadsheet as it lets me use what I have to hand.

Not sure if you are going there but I remember a good night in the Augustiner Beer hall in Salzburg.

Even if I don't get there, I land in Vienna on Ash Wednesday so I'm sure I should be able to get my hands on the Lenton Beer. I'm tasting that liquid bread for sure [cool]

Well blew the keg tonight and on what was a predetermined alcohol free evening. Friends came to visit and asked if the brewery was open. I said it always is and you'll need to try this Pale Ale I've got, one 375ml glass and it was all over. Mate had to settle for the Fruit Salad Ale.

I would settle for a Fruit Salad Ale. At least you didn't have to serve up VB.

I was at a party last night and the beers on offer were Carlton Draught and VB. I had a couple of Carltons which were drinkable but then decided to try a VB.

Now I haven't had a VB for a few years and my tastes have changed over that time but I wasn't prepared for that hit of VB. it was making me feel sick as I was drinking it and only got through half.

Curiosity sated and lesson learned [biggrin]

True Hairy.

My mate is an absolute mega swill Lager drinker, XXXX Gold, Crown and Cascade. But he reckoned that the Fruit Salad Ale was a winner. But for the Galaxy was a winner, only kegged for 7 weeks, whereas the FSA has been kegged for 10 weeks

Archived