Coopers Community

Need some general advise

anthony

I'd just leave it as is' date=' it'll concentrate the flavour a bit more which is probably a good thing with that kit. I'd expect the FG around 1.015-16 give or take with that recipe and volume.

I'm glad this thread came up, it just reminded me when I first used the fridge to ferment in. I thought I'd begun using it in the latter part of 2012 but it appears I did a few batches of all grain before I started using the fridge. [img']lol[/img]

Thank mate. I will update the forum how it comes out as final product.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd just leave it as is' date=' it'll concentrate the flavour a bit more which is probably a good thing with that kit. I'd expect the FG around 1.015-16 give or take with that recipe and volume.

I'm glad this thread came up, it just reminded me when I first used the fridge to ferment in. I thought I'd begun using it in the latter part of 2012 but it appears I did a few batches of all grain before I started using the fridge. [img']lol[/img]

Thank mate. I will update the forum how it comes out as final product.

Hydrometer reading is now 1.016. I tasted the bear and it has little bit fizz plus bit dry than normal coopers lager. It smells like beer but Not sure if dryness is due to less water volume I mentioned.

Any advise please.

Hi Guys' date=' I am first time brewer and using coopers DIY 23 ltr kit and brewing lager. I added only 20 litre water instead of 23 and just realised after 5 nights it has been brewing under primary fermentation . Current hydrometer reading is 1028. OG was 1040. I am wondering if I can still add 3 ltr water before bottling the beer. It smells ok not tasted though. I might taste tomorrow when take out sample.

The tempretur was between 22-24 degrees all time (mostly 22 degree C).

Please advise if can and water And what FG is should be expecting in this case as water ratio is not as per recipe. [/quote']

Hi again..I have just read FG 1.012 for two days at 24 degree Celsius. OG was 1.042 . It Taste like beer but bit bitter. Bottled all but around 3 litre is below the tap level, so I had to tilt the fermenter to take out most of the beer. The last two bottles got little more cloudy beer. Is it ok to tilt the fermenter to fill the bottle.

• 2 weeks later...

I used 2 tablet of sugar for each bottle which came with the kit. Bottles are reasonably hard to squeeze. They are stored in a Wooden insulated carbonate at around 20-22 degree.

when i pour in a glass it doesn't generate enough foam on the top and not as fuzzy as it should be.

Archived