Coopers Community

HELLO TO ALL

jeffh3

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am in the state of Ohio in the USA. Been brewing at home since 1982, Started when I saw a TV commercial for JOHN BULL products. Have enjoyed brewing along with my brother since. Have enjoyed COOPERS many times, but haven't brewed with COOPERS products yet. I plan to soon.

Great Site,

Jeff

Welcome to the Forum Jeff! I have found the Coopers homebrew products to be of great quality so you shouldn't be disappointed.

Everytime I hear Ohio I start singing "Cleveland Rocks, Cleveland Rocks".

Is it all of Ohio or is it just Cleveland that rocks?

Now that's funny! Thanks for the welcome Hairy. Oh ya, we all rock in Ohio!Ha Ha! I have used a lot of British, Dutch, US, and some German ingredients to home brew.

I have always enjoyed a large cold Cooper with a rare steak! My next batch will be using Coopers!

By the way, we always boil when brewing, do you brew without boiling?

We boil when we do extract brewing and we add malt to the boil for our hops. But we tend to not boil the hopped malt extract (ie. kits).

If you were doing a straight Kit & Kilo (ie. kit plus 1kg of malt, sugar or brew enhancer) then we wouldn't boil anything; just mix it up in the FV.

Mainiac,

I usualy brew with extract and specialty grains and hop pellets(plugs at times). Usually 45 min, boil, about 2.5 gallon.

If that's your girlfriend or wife, put the brew pot away...you have better things to do!

Archived