Coopers Community

lets vote

MichaelD16

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread has made me want to brew the lager kit, not made on e yet.

It's THIS KIT, right?

500gLDM+300g caraplis+30gsaaz(tea)+S23?

Not used this kit before, how does that sound?

The recipe looks OK but you won't get the true experience unless you make it with BE1, kit yeast and ferment it at 29 degrees [innocent]

I think I might change my name to BillK [ninja]

Woohoo, I have no probs with that. [cool]

That reminds me one time when me and a mate entered a competition that had a leaderboard. He made his user name up then I made mine his real name [innocent] Was funny his reaction when he saw the leaderboard when he thought he was coming second when in fact it was me....

At that price LordEoin I'd certainly be giving it a miss, just not worth it imo. Get something better like the Pale.

I am drinking it right now, as my first DIY brew!

I messed up by pitching the yeast at 35C. But I only did so because that bloody dvd said its better to pitch the yeast ASAP, rather than wait for it to cool, so I did. Plus, add the fact that I only used the BH1. After two week bottled, it tasted a little like cider. However, now it tastes better, almost a month later.

I have learned to pitch low, ferment low, and use more Malt Extracts. I'm hooked though, I have brewed 6 batches since 20 Oct 12.

I think I might change my name to BillK [ninja]

Woohoo, I have no probs with that. [cool]

Can I use the Kegelix pic too? [biggrin]

Yeah mate, no problems. However, you might have a problem actually using Obelix as you will need to be here to do that [pouty]

The recipe looks OK but you won't get the true experience unless you make it with BE1' date=' kit yeast and ferment it at 29 degrees[/quote']

I was thinking about it, just to see why everyone's complaining, but even if it was ok i'd be thinking to myself 'damn, i wish i made it better' for 40 pints... [crying]

I didn't notice that amazing discount they are offering at the moment. Maybe I'll buy 2 [biggrin]

\u20ac18 canadian dollars is pretty much the same price (\u20ac14.09)

The lager kit is inoffensive (to most people anyway) and when you make your first beer you think it is the best beer you have ever tasted.

It might be bland and cidery but you don't care; it isn't undrinkable.

It is at the bottom of my list of favourite kits but I understand why it is included in the DIY pack.

I brewed the lager kit first and hated it. Then I brewed the Pale Ale kit and was pretty disappointed too.

In fact there's only a couple of kit beers I was remotely happy with, the IPA one of them.

I only became truly happy with the taste and quality of my brews when I switched to all grain. My god, what a difference!

This thread has made me want to brew the lager kit, not made on e yet.

It's THIS KIT, right?

500gLDM+300g caraplis+30gsaaz(tea)+S23?

Not used this kit before, how does that sound?

That's a great price I guess..even with the current AUD/Euro exchange rate!!.

Archived