Coopers Community

First attempt at dry hopping

Lotm

If you use plugs or flowers would they float more than the pellets? My mates done a lot of dry hopping with plugs and they just sat on the surface.

I always CC so I just chuck whatever type straight into the FV and enjoy the smell [happy] I don't drink my beer quick enough to have to worry about an extra few days up to a week for CC'ing.

I don't drink my beer quick enough to have to worry about an extra few days up to a week for CC'ing.

Not usually a problem for me either, but the silly season was extra silly this year. [devil]

Just went to the shops in search of my marbles [lol] and discovered that they aren't as easy to come by as one would have thought. Ended up finding a bag of them tucked away in the toys section at Big Dub with all the other stuff that kids probably don't use anymore.

Interesting you should mention the plugs/flowers. This IPA had a fair whack of whole Motueka flowers along with various pellets.

carful after boiling them to let the marbles to cool naturally as they can split sending glass fragments into your beer if cooled quickly, sure they should sink/stay in the wrap.. but you know.. glass fragments aint cool

cheers

as long as it's here somewhere mate [happy]

I often scan threads with the view of a noob and often my corrections are aimed at those who may not fully understand full process.

other times (mostly if you ask a few people) Im just a complete

assfkg.jpg

[lol]

Cheers

I just dropped 2 of these things full of hops into my amber ale the other day, they both sunk straight away but I noticed about a day later that one of them had risen and was floating on the surface, no sign of the other one though. I didn't take any noticed as to whether they were still dry or not but they didn't look to be. Will have a look again tomorrow.

Well, I reckon it's definitely the fact that I'm using so many flowers and plugs at the moment. I absolutely [love] [love] Motueka, and the only stuff I could source locally was whole flower.

I made a makeshift baggie from voile and dry hopped my APA this morning with no less than FIVE sanitised marbles. The bastard is still floating on top of the krausen. [pinched] [pouty] [roll]

I'm wondering whether it will sink more as the clouds subside and the hops get wetter, but I'm toying with the idea of pushing it under with a sanitised spoon while there's still some activity.

[unsure] Just thinking out loud.

Archived