Coopers Community

Hops Hops and More Hops

personally I'd probably make a hop tea with it or just throw them in the FV on day 4..

Some Aroma is driven off by the ferment so chucking them in a bit later can maximise your return on what you get out of them.

TBH mate, I never used T-bags, what Im reciting to you is just what Ive come to understand over the years as accepted practice.

From what I understand they are essentially hop pellets, just wrapped up in a t-bag.. you 'could' alway cut them out and combine them into a chux cloth or any of the other methods.. up to you mate.. you might find that the T-bags want to float, thats the reason I suggest cutting them out into a chux cloth, so you cam easily weigh it down with like a kitchen knife or other stainless steel object.

Dunno mate, all up to you

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
personally I'd probably make a hop tea with it or just throw them in the FV on day 4..

Some Aroma is driven off by the ferment so chucking them in a bit later can maximise your return on what you get out of them.

TBH mate, I never used T-bags, what Im reciting to you is just what Ive come to understand over the years as accepted practice.

From what I understand they are essentially hop pellets, just wrapped up in a t-bag.. you 'could' alway cut them out and combine them into a chux cloth or any of the other methods.. up to you mate.. you might find that the T-bags want to float, thats the reason I suggest cutting them out into a chux cloth, so you cam easily weigh it down with like a kitchen knife or other stainless steel object.

Dunno mate, all up to you

kool mate i will do the chux thing and weigh it down...i just wanted to make sure i do this how you told me....a promise is a promise [biggrin] if i like the hops im gunna get the other ones next time.........as you know im only a k&k brewer but im enjoying allo this new stuff.

I dont know much about the brand mate, Ive never bought ANY of their products... it's not those "finishin hop tablets" is it?

There should be something that tells you what sort of hops are in there I would have thought... either way.. Copper Tun is generally something that I wouldnt go near as it's probably the least respected company out there.. god knows how they keep it on the shelf [roll]

If it doesnt say waht sort it is, dont use it, take it back, send me your addie on email and I will send you some myself [bandit]

I dont know much about the brand mate, Ive never bought ANY of their products... it's not those "finishin hop tablets" is it?

There should be something that tells you what sort of hops are in there I would have thought... either way.. Copper Tun is generally something that I wouldnt go near as it's probably the least respected company out there.. god knows how they keep it on the shelf [roll]

If it doesnt say waht sort it is, dont use it, take it back, send me your addie on email and I will send you some myself [bandit]

it says its an all purpose bittering and aroma hops commonly used in ales and stouts...it feels like hops (i havent ripped open yet and at bottom of info it says Finishingg hops(5.7%) also says pleasant, flowery spicey and citrus in flavour?

the other hops he said he can order isnt same brand and they look like they are vacuum sealed and are in his fridge at shop? he showed me another hops but they werent cascade

all purpose? You can see whay I hate this brand [roll] (not to say there arent all purpose hops but I sincerely doubt that copper tun are giving them to you)... Cascade is an all purpose hop, can be used well fro bittering, flavour and aroma.. Id be suspect on anyone telling me "all purpose" without saying what it is..

Send me your addie nedster, I'll send you some bloody hops [lol]

Let me know what the brew is and I'll make up a baggie for you..

up to you of course, but I wouldnt fk about with that stuff.. Id also be having a second look the the LHBS guy for selling them to you [pinched]

fking copper tun [annoyed]

all purpose? You can see whay I hate this brand [roll] (not to say there arent all purpose hops but I sincerely doubt that copper tun are giving them to you)... Cascade is an all purpose hop, can be used well fro bittering, flavour and aroma.. Id be suspect on anyone telling me "all purpose" without saying what it is..

Send me your addie nedster, I'll send you some bloody hops [lol]

Let me know what the brew is and I'll make up a baggie for you..

up to you of course, but I wouldnt fk about with that stuff.. Id also be having a second look the the LHBS guy for selling them to you [pinched]

fking copper tun [annoyed]

no worries mate i will...send addy in email. they say Cascasde on the packet also????it was the shop assistant actually....i should have waited but all ok.....ill get the info off him next week about the brand name etc p.s im making that APA can you told me about...im using BE2 and i couldnt get the other stuff but you told me to at least get hops if not the other ....im short on cash and time at the moment so i just went for the hops, cheers ill go do addy now

All good ned, if it's got cascade on it, your man has done a good job, I'm gunna send you a package for your next brew, bit of the grain, bit of fancy hops.

The be2 and the pale make a good beer, + the cascade hops you are in for a treat.

If you get youself another pale can (+malt), ill send you the additions for your next one [cool]

Cheers

All good ned, if it's got cascade on it, your man has done a good job, I'm gunna send you a package for your next brew, bit of the grain, bit of fancy hops.

The be2 and the pale make a good beer, + the cascade hops you are in for a treat.

If you get youself another pale can (+malt), ill send you the additions for your next one [cool]

Cheers

woohoo thnx mate i will get another can....can i use half the usual amount of malt as i only make mid strength???

woohoo thnx mate i will get another can....can i use half the usual amount of malt as i only make mid strength???

Hey Ned.

Malt is less fermentable than sugar, so just adding 500g of dry malt would make a beautiful all-malt mid strength beer.

And if Yob is offering to design your hopcoction for you, bloody hell mate, that's putting you in front.[biggrin] [cool]

not to mention if it's a mid, I wont have to hop the bejeezus out of it for him [lol]

Pleasure Neddicles, all good mate.

What do ya reckon lads, for an old nutter like Ned, bit of Amarillo (15g) + Galaxy? (10g)

mmmm passionfruit and aroma [ninja] (wish I had some Citra to add)

Hey Ned.

Malt is less fermentable than sugar, so just adding 500g of dry malt would make a beautiful all-malt mid strength beer.

And if Yob is offering to design your hopcoction for you, bloody hell mate, that's putting you in front.[biggrin] [cool]

thanx phil..im looking forward to it too......i know what yobs up to but im too broke to go ag..butya just can never say never on this brewing thing lol[biggrin] [crying] i can sense my addictive personality beginning to emerge lol

Lads and ladies, Brewers and mixers... I should say this to put the record rigth after a few of my grumpier comments late last year..

As a KnB brewer ([ninja]) and before I went AG, it was my mission to make beers that were as goods as any AG brew.. I did this, I was entering my Kit base brews into Case swaps with AG brewers and Ive got some feedback (printed out even) that call it as an equal to any AG brew, the writer is a BJCP acredited beer judge!!

His comments were that " I blurred the lines between Kits and AG, Had I not told him it was a kit base he would not have picked it" He went on to challenge any AG snob to do so.

Sure I payed attention to detail, Grain additions, Hops, Yeast, temp control, all the things we bang on about on a regular basis.

At the end of the day, great beer is great beer, regardless of how it was constructed [rightful]

Lads and ladies, Brewers and mixers... I should say this to put the record rigth after a few of my grumpier comments late last year..

As a KnB brewer ([ninja]) and before I went AG, it was my mission to make beers that were as goods as any AG brew.. I did this, I was entering my Kit base brews into Case swaps with AG brewers and Ive got some feedback (printed out even) that call it as an equal to any AG brew, the writer is a BJCP acredited beer judge!!

His comments were that " I blurred the lines between Kits and AG, Had I not told him it was a kit base he would not have picked it" He went on to challenge any AG snob to do so.

Sure I payed attention to detail, Grain additions, Hops, Yeast, temp control, all the things we bang on about on a regular basis.

At the end of the day, great beer is great beer, regardless of how it was constructed [rightful]

awesome Yob....now im looking forward to the next next brew i do lol

its never ending...ive only been here abit over a month i think lol LESS EVEN LOL

Yob, I have been reading your posts since I joined this forum.

You have demonstrated a commitment to strive to make the best beer you can possibly make. You may have succeeded, you may not have quite yet - that decision is yours only.

I can only dream of having that commitment/passion. My ambition was to make beer that was affordable but also hopefully better than you can buy commercially. As I probably set my bar fairly low I think I have achieved my goal. Now it is up to me to read up on improving more with better practices & ingredients.

Keep up your posting & encouragement of fellow brewers on this forum & we will all be better brewers, at whatever level.

Yob, I have been reading your posts since I joined this forum.

You have demonstrated a commitment to strive to make the best beer you can possibly make. You may have succeeded, you may not have quite yet - that decision is yours only.

I can only dream of having that commitment/passion. My ambition was to make beer that was affordable but also hopefully better than you can buy commercially. As I probably set my bar fairly low I think I have achieved my goal. Now it is up to me to read up on improving more with better practices & ingredients.

Keep up your posting & encouragement of fellow brewers on this forum & we will all be better brewers, at whatever level.

WHAT HE SAID[biggrin]

Archived