Coopers Community

Contamination

ash

Hi Brewers,

To cut a long story short,i was making up a can brew with can malt & dropped the lid of the malt into the mix had to fish out with my fingers how bad do you think this will be for the brew.

odds are that you will be fine as long as you are pitching fairly quickly, mate, every brew we do has some form of contamination, we rely on the yeast to out compete anything else in there.

Relax and see how she goes.. I went to check on a brew in the fridge the other night, havnt looked at it for days and the elastic had pinged off taking the gladwrap lid with it, was I worried? Not really.. [lol] my first open top fermentation [lol]

Yob

You just cover the hole with a sheet of glad wrap and then use the o-ring from you lid (or a big rubber band) to fasten it.

Like this:

lid.png

Then just put a pinhole in it is that right

agree fully with Muddy, why provide a lid just to poke it full of holes?

Positive air pressure will always want to, and find a way to equalise with normal atmospheric pressure.

A balloon eventually goes flat yeah?

Hi Brewers,

To cut a long story short,i was making up a can brew with can malt & dropped the lid of the malt into the mix had to fish out with my fingers how bad do you think this will be for the brew.

Whilst trying to brew and consume multiple beers at the same time, I dropped the whole can of malt in the FV and fished it out with my hands.

No problems whatsoever!

Perhaps I have clean hands [innocent]

Maybe we can get an "Epic Brew Fail" thread stickied? I love reading those sorts of funny stories (people put them up for us to laugh at so it's ok).

Before I got into beer making my hobby was miniature soldiers (yeah I'm a geek) and read this awesome story about a guy who superglued his finger to his eyeball. I was crying I laughed so hard.[sideways]

I haven't had any fails yet - but I'm sure I will [lol]

Before I got into beer making my hobby was miniature soldiers

Was that some type of cloning? Making a super soldiers that couldn't be detected.

Actually, it sounds pretty cool. I always wanted to do that War Hammer stuff. But, although I am a bit of a nerd, that was raising the bar to another level [biggrin]

Hi Brewers,

Whilst trying to brew and consume multiple beers at the same time, I dropped the whole can of malt in the FV and fished it out with my hands.

I once filled my FV before I realised that I had left my spoon in it and naturally just dived in to get it, up to my elbow before I remembered that I had been mowing the lawn, sunscreened arm and all. Turned out to be not a bad brew...[innocent] [innocent] don't know how though with all those aditives... [bandit] [rightful]

Needless to say I had had a couple of brews in the meantime!!![joyful]

I once filled my FV before I realised that I had left my spoon in it and naturally just dived in to get it, up to my elbow before I remembered that I had been mowing the lawn, sunscreened arm and all. Turned out to be not a bad brew...[innocent] [innocent] don't know how though with all those aditives... [bandit] [rightful]

I hope you included those on the ingredients label Wal[lol]

Actually' date=' it sounds pretty cool. I always wanted to do that War Hammer stuff. But, although I am a bit of a nerd, that was raising the bar to another level [/quote']

Now that I have homebrew maybe I should start again - my mate and I played the battles over about 6 hours (normally 2) because we would drink so much, get the guitar out etc. [happy]

Archived