Coopers Community

Where's the Bubbles

BrewingBenny

I have 2 batches of American pale ale I made from extracts that have been bottled in the last month, and neither of them have carbed up much at all, it might as well be flat. I am aware that it would be the colder temps that has caused this. My question is, will they carb up properly if they're just left to sit once it warms up again, or will I need to re-suspend the yeast?

Cheers,

Kelsey

I have 2 batches of American pale ale I made from extracts that have been bottled in the last month, and neither of them have carbed up much at all, it might as well be flat. I am aware that it would be the colder temps that has caused this. My question is, will they carb up properly if they're just left to sit once it warms up again, or will I need to re-suspend the yeast?

Cheers,

Kelsey

mine carb up just fine in the cellar in Victoria which is at a temp of about max 12'c and by the time I get to them they are lovely..

You are in Brisvegas? They will carb.

Yob

Yeah I had noticed the first batch was better than it was when I first tried it. But yeah. We had a cold snap when I bottled it, overnight temps were around 5-7C and I have no means to temp control 6 or 7 cartons of beer. Under the house doesn't warm up much during the day in winter so they tend to sit at the low temps. But I have enough brews to drink in the meantime, good to know they'll be right without having to do anything to them though!

Cheers,

Kelsey

I bottled a SMOTY ale just before I went on hols so it's been sitting for three weeks - in the shed though, whereas most of my beers have come into the house for two weeks after bottling. There was no firmness at all in the bottles, whereas Weggl's Amber Yak carbed up in a week and a half sitting inside.

I had a previous batch that didn't carb (I CC'd that one), so I gave all the bottles a tip and left for another week which worked fine.

I'm hoping that works for the SMOTY - it's now inside in the warmer temps.

Here's another method' date=' did you all see this episode of Home Brew Wednesday? bit too much work for me![/quote']

Christ! A 13 minute video on washing a glass - I really can't be bothered. Craig seems a nice enough fella but his videos have always annoyed me [pinched]

He is alright, but being that he is trying to show us how to brew, shouldn't he be a little pissed. I know everyt ime I show someone how to brew we have way too much under our belts to be dealing with hot wort.

Archived