Coopers Community

Where's the Yeast

weggl

Just opened a Coopers Irish Stout, by that I mean the plastic bit on the top, guess what? No bloody yeast, are they trying to save money by making us get our yeast elseware?

Also while I am gripeing, I purchased two Lager cans, now the Lager yeast are gold, not white, very confusing.

Is US-05 yeast ok for Irish Stout?

Been away for a while boys, hope you are all doing well, hows my mate Muddy been going? Has he been behaving himself?

His Pet Weggl

If you can wait a few days, contact customerservice@coopers.com.au and we will get a few sachets out to you. For our QA recording purposes, please include the BB date code, which is on the end of the can. [biggrin]

My Canadian Blonde can I picked up at Big W was missing the yeast too. I didn't realise Coopers would be so generous as to send a replacement, and didn't have my receipt anymore from Big W, so just went to my LHBS and got a Safale 05 sachet.

I'm now much more careful to inspect the cans at Big W before taking them home.

Give it a little shake shake shake.

I don't use the yeast under the lid when I am making the Coopers kits. I buy a 6 pack of Pale Ale and use that yeast instead.

Give it a little shake shake shake.

I don't use the yeast under the lid when I am making the Coopers kits. I buy a 6 pack of Pale Ale and use that yeast instead.

I've thought about trying to reactivate the commercial yeast, but to date have not had the patience ;-)

Paul, the info from the bottom of the can is 07:53 best before 09/06/13 Irish Stout.

Am sure the other Lagers i bought had were in white packets, thought this was how you could tell Lager yeast from Ale yeast, if not then how is one to know what is lager yeast? Please don't give me that numbers game. Just get them to print on the packet what type of yeast it is. We are not all boffins![crying]

Weggl

I've noticed in those combination ale/lager yeast blend sachets that there are two different types of "granules" in there (makes sense I suppose). Half of them are light in color and smaller, the other half are bigger and a darker color. That might be one way.. problem is you have to open it to see. [lol] There's also the post that explains what yeast is in what kits at the top of the Brewing Blether forum.

Cheers,

Kelsey.

Paul, the info from the bottom of the can is 07:53 best before 09/06/13 Irish Stout.

Am sure the other Lagers i bought had were in white packets, thought this was how you could tell Lager yeast from Ale yeast, if not then how is one to know what is lager yeast? Please don't give me that numbers game. Just get them to print on the packet what type of yeast it is. We are not all boffins![crying]

Weggl

If you don't like the numbers just write on the packets with a marker when you open the kit.

Archived