Coopers Community

Fuggles for pale ale?

I have 2 kits here one porter and one apa im trying to decide which one i want to make i have fuggles on hand but at the same time i wouldn't mind getting my pale ale as close to the real thing I made a sparkling ale with Billk's advice with citra and it turned out to be a nice drop letting it age will make it even better so maybe i might look into holding back on the Pale ale and get something more suited for it

keep the fuggles for an english style beer... if you were fermenting with Windsor maybe... still, the malts are wrong for this kit / stlye...

Coopers APA can = American hops or selected NZ hops...

Citra / galaxy / centennial / cascade / Chinook / Wai Iti / Nelson Sav (small amounts) etc.. etc...

Coopers APA can = American hops or selected NZ hops...

Citra / galaxy / centennial / cascade / Chinook / Wai Iti / Nelson Sav (small amounts) etc.. etc...

I always thought Galaxy was an Australian hop [innocent]

This reminds me of a recipe PB2 put on here some time ago. It's for an Amber Ale something along the lines of James Squire:

Cooper's Australian Pale Ale - 1.7kg

Thomas Cooper's Amber Malt Extract- 1.5kg

Dark Brown Sugar - 250g

Dry Hop 5g Fuggles

Dry Hop 5g Cascade

Kit Yeast

PB2 reckons this recipe could easily accommodate much more than 5g of each of the hops.

I have recently bottled this, so will let you know how it is, in a few weeks time. I used 12 grams of both Fuggles and Cascade. It smelt and tasted great when bottled - definitely very 'hoppy'.

-J

Just finished a keg of PB2'S J.S. Amber Ale clone. Yum, Yum. Very nice indeed, simple to brew and easy to drink. Fantastic beer for the cooler months ahead. I must add that from my notes taken on this brew the hoping schedule was:

5g Fuggles @15min

5g Cascade @15min

Or for a 15min boil time with 1/3 of the tin of amber malt.

10g of both Fuggles and Cascade Dry hopped.

Go on what are you waiting for? ...Get brewing[biggrin]

Just finished a keg of PB2'S J.S. Amber Ale clone. Yum, Yum. Very nice indeed, simple to brew and easy to drink. Fantastic beer for the cooler months ahead. I must add that from my notes taken on this brew the hoping schedule was:

5g Fuggles @15min

5g Cascade @15min

Or for a 15min boil time with 1/3 of the tin of amber malt.

10g of both Fuggles and Cascade Dry hopped.

Go on what are you waiting for? ...Get brewing[biggrin]

Was the volume 23L? Cant find it under search.

Warren

Archived