Coopers Community

Monkey Business Choc Banana Stout - June 2024 Recipe of the Month

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have to say that I (nor my wife) can detect chocolate or banana flavours in the end product.  We both (think?  could be imagined?) there is a marginally different taste to a  normal stout but to us its not distinguishable as a particular flavour.  I'll stick to either normal stout or Russian Imperial in future I think.  🙂 

Edited by KeithC
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, KeithC said:

I'd have to say that I (nor my wife) can detect chocolate or banana flavours in the end product.  We both (think?  could be imagined?) there is a marginally different taste to a  normal stout but to us its not distinguishable as a particular flavour.  I'll stick to either normal stout or Russian Imperial in future I think.  🙂 

Sometimes flavours are very subtle. I've been a Hefe Weizen drinker all my life and only over the last few years have I actually managed to identify this certain flavour it has as banana. I put it down to my sense of taste slowly improving since I quit the death sticks some ten years ago.

• Like 4

On 7/1/2024 at 8:18 AM, Aussiekraut said:

Sometimes flavours are very subtle. I've been a Hefe Weizen drinker all my life and only over the last few years have I actually managed to identify this certain flavour it has as banana. I put it down to my sense of taste slowly improving since I quit the death sticks some ten years ago.

Your taste buds do improve, been 20 years for me 🤪

Posted (edited)

About half my family and most of the outlaws are hanging from the trees now. Not doing it  or I'll be doing the same. 🤣

Edited by Oldbloke
  • Haha 3

On 7/2/2024 at 12:27 PM, John304 said:

Your taste buds do improve, been 20 years for me 🤪

It's closer to 40 for me, I couldn't see the point setting fire to something & putting it in your mouth, especially when you had paid for it.

Imagine now trying to work cigs into the weekly budget - give me a beer any day. 🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1