Coopers Community

AFL 2024 season

18 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

The mighty Cats look likely to finish second providing a few results go our way. Love the finals can't wait! 

Providing 🙂   Port may have a say in that.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Yes, our cats are going okay. It'd be grand if they can slip into 2nd place - home ground (MCG) final awaits.?

Either way now Port v Geelong in the first week. Just a matter of who's home game.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2024 at 6:43 PM, Hilltop hops said:

The mighty Cats look likely to finish second providing a few results go our way. Love the finals can't wait! 

10 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Yes, our cats are going okay. It'd be grand if they can slip into 2nd place - home ground (MCG) final awaits.?

See yas at Adelaide Oval in a fortnight. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

@Tricky Micky  and @Hilltop hops

Thoughts on Thursdays game? Our midfield is superior to the Cats i feel, but your boys have us covered in the forward and back line. 

Going to be very interesting. 

Paley, home ground advantage might come into play for this one -Cats have been shaky for about 6 weeks now we miss Cam Guthrie heaps...hoping for a good game though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Paley, home ground advantage might come into play for this one -Cats have been shaky for about 6 weeks now we miss Cam Guthrie heaps...hoping for a good game though.

Im nervous ol chop.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pale Man said:
9 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Im nervous ol chop.

Me too. You're right about the midfield though, you'll carve us up in there. If Stewart ends up playing higher up, through the midfield, then ya know you've got us licked. 

17 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Heres one for you @ozdevil  Port threw you Blue Baggers a life line. I'd like a six pack in the mail please.

Carlton.jpg

i take it this way

Freo where gentleman and bowed out gracefully to give carlton  a good chance of it lol

have your 6 pack ready to go   mate , you just need to pick it up

• Haha 2

On 9/4/2024 at 9:00 AM, Tricky Micky said:

Me too. You're right about the midfield though, you'll carve us up in there. If Stewart ends up playing higher up, through the midfield, then ya know you've got us licked. 

What a win for Geelong, I was expecting you and @Hilltop hops to come out firing today. How embarrassing as a port supporter.

I really have now come to the conclusion that Port will never win a flag under the Koch and Hinkley regime.

12 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

What a win for Geelong, I was expecting you and @Hilltop hops to come out firing today. How embarrassing as a port supporter.

I really have now come to the conclusion that Port will never win a flag under the Koch and Hinkley regime.

You all know I don't follow footy, but I called into the pub after some shopping yesterday & there were the usual bar flies, mostly Port supporters all sitting at the bar going on about how they were going to flog Geelong & get in the final.

As I left, I said I wouldn't be so sure about that, so I bet they aren't there today.

I agree with you on those two.

16 minutes ago, Pale Man said:
On 9/4/2024 at 9:30 AM, Tricky Micky said:

Humility and humbleness is in order Paley - the lay of the land can quickly turn around and bite ya on the butt if ya get too cocky IMO. How could anyone have predicted that result - it's beyond me. It was one of those nights I guess. I honestly thought you'd smash us in the middle but the opposite was true. I think Hinkley's in big trouble if you guys go out in straight sets. But you do have the second chance and you guys earned that - hopefully they can move on and turn it around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Humility and humbleness is in order Paley - the lay of the land can quickly turn around and bite ya on the butt if ya get too cocky IMO. How could anyone have predicted that result - it's beyond me. It was one of those nights I guess. I honestly thought you'd smash us in the middle but the opposite was true. I think Hinkley's in big trouble if you guys go out in straight sets. But you do have the second chance and you guys earned that - hopefully they can move on and turn it around.

We play the winner of Hawthorn and Bulldogs next week. Both those teams are in good form. I just cant see where the turn around for us is coming from. There was no heart at all out there from the Power.

Our so called Captain goes shopping at Rundle Mall when it comes to big games. Zac Butters was subbed out due to " soreness " but apparently good to go next week. WTF??? soreness of what, his heart string?.....its a final.

I'm terribly disappointed after last night, I thought we were different going into finals this year, but having put up with this B.S. for 12 years now I'm cooked. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

We play the winner of Hawthorn and Bulldogs next week. Both those teams are in good form. I just cant see where the turn around for us is coming from. There was no heart at all out there from the Power.

Our so called Captain goes shopping at Rundle Mall when it comes to big games. Zac Butters was subbed out due to " soreness " but apparently good to go next week. WTF??? soreness of what, his heart string?.....its a final.

I'm terribly disappointed after last night, I thought we were different going into finals this year, but having put up with this B.S. for 12 years now I'm cooked. 

I just love the passion our great nation’s game brings out in its diehard supporters. 
Sorry for ya pain Paley, but ya commentary above put a smile on my dial this morning 

Best of luck to ya in the elimination game 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

Eliminate  the risk of further injury mate.  In  2 weeks time mate I might have a game of golf with butters.   Tell him he should have played the entire game haha.

Seriously though I didn't think you guys was going to be clawed so bad from the kittens of geelong

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Eliminate  the risk of further injury mate.  In  2 weeks time mate I might have a game of golf with butters.   Tell him he should have played the entire game haha.

In two weeks time he'll be on an overseas end of season footy trip with the rest of his team mates while four other clubs are playing in a prelim final.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You all know I don't follow footy, but I called into the pub after some shopping yesterday & there were the usual bar flies, mostly Port supporters all sitting at the bar going on about how they were going to flog Geelong & get in the final.

As I left, I said I wouldn't be so sure about that, so I bet they aren't there today.

I agree with you on those two.

All teams have exactly the same supporters, Port aren't any different.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I don't think any team could stop the Cats when they play like that. I honestly expected Port to win at home. 

If you lose next week that's probably it for Hinkley 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

I don't think any team could stop the Cats when they play like that. I honestly expected Port to win at home. 

If you lose next week that's probably it for Hinkley 

Danger turned back the clock and showed our supposed A1 young midfield how its done. Hasn't he played over 330 games?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Danger turned back the clock and showed our supposed A1 young midfield how its done. Hasn't he played over 330 games?

Yep and 34 years old.  Everyone said the Cats were too old in 2022. Half the team is new. A lot of the young blokes were impressive- Miers, Humphries, Neale etc. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

In all my upsettness and throwing toys out of my cot, I forgot to mention ol sausage well done to the Cats. Far superior as a team and coaching panel. Scott is a gun as a coach.

I'm calming my farm now with a few Coopers Pale Ales for the Bulldogs and Hawthorn. Cant wait to see how the rest of the finals progress. Good luck for your Catters. They are up to their eyeballs in another flag.

I personally think your Prelim should be played at the Cattery not the G. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Yep and 34 years old.  Everyone said the Cats were too old in 2022. Half the team is new. A lot of the young blokes were impressive- Miers, Humphries, Neale etc. 

Mannagh was outta this world too - who would've thunk. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pale Man said:

In all my upsettness and throwing toys out of my cot, I forgot to mention ol sausage well done to the Cats. Far superior as a team and coaching panel. Scott is a gun as a coach.

I'm calming my farm now with a few Coopers Pale Ales for the Bulldogs and Hawthorn. Cant wait to see how the rest of the finals progress. Good luck for your Catters. They are up to their eyeballs in another flag.

I personally think your Prelim should be played at the Cattery not the G. 

Thanks me ol' mate. Hawker's are on fire - hey? Yeah, just no getting the AFL on board with a Cats home final for some reason. All I'll say about the Cats is this, they played brilliantly the other night - but most of the second half of their season was filled with the Cats going MIA every alternate game.....hope they prove me wrong but it's been really noticeable - that final the other night was the first 4 quarter effort from them all year. But you're right Paley - the Cats keep on giving even when you think they should bottom out a bit. I guess the coaching staff can take a bow  for that.

Edited by Tricky Micky
  • Like 2