Coopers Community

Its Kegging Time - 2024

18 hours ago, kmar92 said:

Perhaps it is a Husky @Tonebrew? If so it is probably 295L and it is a unit that has my interest as I reckon that the fridge/freezer capability is quite handy, no Inkbird controller type thing needed, which is a bonus.

It’s actually a “Chiq”. It was $550. came with a super long warranty, which was, of course, voided as soon as I made alterations, but comforting none the less.

My wife jokes that I finally have a chiq to keep my beer cold 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I kegged my Goose Island IPA. Tasted pretty hoppy (no flies on me…), good potential I reckon…

It should be around 5.8%. I put Poly in it, it really makes a difference. I also ran it through two filters but I only got a small amount of gunk from the finer one.

Since I had a batch of sanitiser on the go I also did some “keg optimisation”. I might make a double batch (or so) and end up with two cornies with 15 litres in each, by the time you account for FV or brew kettle loss. i’ve decided to fill one completely to 19l and if the second one only has say13l, I’ll drink that one first to be able to free up the kegs. The only issue is working out  the quantities of any keg additions you might make.
Pretty basic stuff but I’m a slow learner 🤦

IMG_4509.jpeg

IMG_4510.jpeg

IMG_4511.jpeg

IMG_4512.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, stquinto said:

The only downside of the keg optimisation is you shake up the debris in the keg when you put it back in the keezer.
This is a Coopers Sparkling AG, lovely drop 👍

Never mind, a cuppla days and it’ll be fine.

IMG_4513.jpeg

Looks beaut to me Sainter - nice one mate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1