Coopers Community

Kegerator build

Hilltop hops

Gave the keezer a birthday today, last keg blew, so some preventative maintenance time, cleaned it all out, bit of ice etc on the walls.

Flushed all lines out with cleaner, pressure tested again for any leaks, all is good.

Few scrapes & dents inside from changing kegs over, but all in all still works great. 

I have 4 new kegs ready to stock it back up with tomorrow, so for now can stay empty overnight. 
Don’t panic folks as ‘I still have 2 kegs on tap (Kolsch & a Session IPA), in the other Kegerator to see me through 😜😜

IMG_4755.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Gave the keezer a birthday today, last keg blew, so some preventative maintenance time, cleaned it all out, bit of ice etc on the walls.

Flushed all lines out with cleaner, pressure tested again for any leaks, all is good.

Few scrapes & dents inside from changing kegs over, but all in all still works great. 

I have 4 new kegs ready to stock it back up with tomorrow, so for now can stay empty overnight. 
Don’t panic folks as ‘I still have 2 kegs on tap (Kolsch & a Session IPA), in the other Kegerator to see me through 😜😜

IMG_4755.jpeg

Are the black marks on the interior just the scrapes and dents you mentioned? Last time that I defrosted my Series X it had black marks on the internal drip tray, I reckon that was black mould and it was very difficult to remove. I scrubbed the drip tray to remove the black stuff and then treated it with a long soak of vinegar. It hasn't come back, after a month or two, so hopefully I have killed it.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

Are the black marks on the interior just the scrapes and dents you mentioned? Last time that I defrosted my Series X it had black marks on the internal drip tray, I reckon that was black mould and it was very difficult to remove. I scrubbed the drip tray to remove the black stuff and then treated it with a long soak of vinegar. It hasn't come back, after a month or two, so hopefully I have killed it.

Hi @kmar92, that’s a fair point you make mate, I went back and had a closer inspection with my torch (keezer is under the house) and no mould thank goodness. 
‘Just a flaking surface on the inside, it is now about 5yrs old, I think the old girl still goes better than my Kegerator in my opinion.

I have a 520L all fridge in my laundry that houses drinks, food, fruit, usual stuff etc, I want that for my next project and build a Kegerator out of it housing 4-6 taps, wife won’t let me have it, so been on local buy swap & sell looking for one, second hand all fridges are pretty hard to come by in my neck of the woods. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Edited by Red devil 44
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, kmar92 said:

Last time that I defrosted my Series X it had black marks on the internal drip tray

Hey kmar,

I had a heap of soft, gummy stuff fall down and stick to the internal drip tray of mine. It ended up being quite a bit. Not saying yours is that, just another possibility. The black marks could be smaller pieces of the same stuff.

KegLand said:

"The black stuff you found was foam insulation that is normally used to reduce some noise generated during normal operation. I think the factory went a bit overboard with your kegerator which meant that when ice formed and melted it fell away from the chill plate to the bottom of the kegerator hump. "

• Like 1