Coopers Community

SixTwelve Brewing - St Agnes, SA.

Malter White

23 minutes ago, Malter White said:

I worked next door to this place for 8 years but I changed locations about a month before it opened in 2020. Finally got the chance to go their today for lunch. Pretty good. If you're in the area it's worth a visit.

IMG_20230723_130927.jpg

IMG_20230723_130854.jpg

Excellent looking food menu there Malts. Pity the beer menu is all blury. Your phone forgot to wear its glasses 🤣

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

Excellent looking food menu there Malts. Pity the beer menu is all blury. Your phone forgot to wear its glasses 🤣

Yeah sorry about that. I was so focused on avoiding glare, the menu was rather reflective, that I didn't even check the text in it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Malter White said:

I worked next door to this place for 8 years but I changed locations about a month before it opened in 2020. Finally got the chance to go THERE today for lunch. Pretty good. If you're in the area it's worth a visit.

1 hour ago, Malter White said:

1 hour ago, Malter White said:
16 hours ago, Malter White said:

I worked next door to this place for 8 years but I changed locations about a month before it opened in 2020. Finally got the chance to go THERE today for lunch. Pretty good. If you're in the area it's worth a visit.

You're on fire Malty, @Malter White - Noice pick up mate.

• Haha 1

I kegged another brew yesterday & all went well until I connected up the CO2, leakage, beer spraying out of what looked like one of the posts. 

I had to shut everything down & clean up the mess 😬 lost a bit of beer but I am more concerned about the root of the problem.

ATM I am storing the newly filled keg in the fridge until I can diagnose the problem. 

I am hoping this will not be detrimental to my beer.

I have been advised to take the keg outside & connect it to a spare gas bottle/regulator & investigate.

The brewing fridge is free ATM so if I can find the problem, I could whack it all in there until the beer is carbonated.

20230723_114909.thumb.jpg.b6d5a6c383aafdbc279efeef9d84da6c.jpg

This is not the right thread I know but with these scam stuff everywhere it's hard to squeeze in somewhere.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Malter White said:

I worked next door to this place for 8 years but I changed locations about a month before it opened in 2020. Finally got the chance to go their today for lunch. Pretty good. If you're in the area it's worth a visit.

I haven't been to that one yet, but I have heard good things about it.

25 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I kegged another brew yesterday & all went well until I connected up the CO2, leakage, beer spraying out of what looked like one of the posts. 

I had to shut everything down & clean up the mess 😬 lost a bit of beer but I am more concerned about the root of the problem.

ATM I am storing the newly filled keg in the fridge until I can diagnose the problem. 

I have been advised to take the keg outside & connect it to a spare gas bottle/regulator & investigate.

The brewing fridge is free ATM so if I can find the problem, I could whack it all in there until the beer is carbonated.

This is not the right thread I know but with these scam stuff everywhere it's hard to squeeze in somewhere.

Ouch! How common are these sorts of problems?

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I would change out the O Rings on both posts. Had similar problem on the Weekend. It was the beer out post but I changed both.

13 minutes ago, Pickles Jones said:

I would change out the O Rings on both posts. Had similar problem on the Weekend. It was the beer out post but I changed both.

Thanks, but I haven't got any ATM but I would imagine Brew Craft here in Adelaide sell them so I will go there & get some. Cheers.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:47 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Probably just over 12 months, I am doing a test outside later with a back-up gas bottle & regulator & taking a video/photo to send to a friend who can help.

My kegs are under 12mths old. The O Ring on the beer post had twisted. Replaced all OK. I lubricate the posts with a squirt of water.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pickles Jones said:

My kegs are under 12mths old. The O Ring on the beer post had twisted. Replaced all OK. I lubricate the posts with a squirt of water.

I have just stocked up on a few accessories - O-rings, disconnects etc. & I have spare beer line & other things we all need for a smooth-running operation.

I ordered from @Hoppy81 & he was in Adelaide the next day, so that worked out good.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

Been there quite a few times, owners are friendly and welcoming. Beers are some the best craft beers around. Enjoying their WCIPA this arvo. 

20230729_154657.jpg

You're right - the hosts are very warm. I used to work at the adjacent bus depot and would have made it a regular watering hole if I'd stayed there but I changed jobs just before they opened.
I don't regret changing jobs but I do regret not visiting 612 before now.

• Like 1