Coopers Community

New Look

weggl

My screen comes up with shades of brown and beige - it doesn't look pink to me.

I use IE. Is it possible that different web browsers display it with pink hues?? Maybe you get a feeling of pink because of the red topic headings, etc.??

I find that black text on a light background is more readable than white text on a dark background - this was one of the common complaints when the Brewers Guild forums went live.

I guess pink isn't exactly correct more salmon and beige (Which jacket Richie? The cream, the bone, the white, the off-white, the ivory, or the beige? [biggrin] ). While I still believe this site is a step backwards from the old site the new colours make it even worse. Why can't the forum be separate to the main Coopers site and be run on tried and true forum programming? Kind of like the what they use for AHB but naturally with Coopers branding.

It just REALLY (sorry to yell) looks bad, especially with the brown wood panelling of the rest of the page. It looks very tacky which is a word which should never be in the same sentence as Coopers! [rightful]

These colours make me think of....

Iced Vo-vos

vovoh.png

Shirley Temple...

37924361.png

Pink Flamingos...

82473510.png

I really don't want to think about these things [crying] I haven't had a beer in about 5 weeks and when I come here I want to remember beer!

I haven't had a beer in about 5 weeks

Now I know why Muddy is a bit cranky.

Paul,

The forum pages taking up the full screen would be a step in the right direction. The light page between the wood panelling looks a bit out of place.

I'm not going to take my bat & ball and go home because the pages look different. It's a good friendly environment around here and everyone is helpful.

And I am not concerned about the colours, more the contrast.

Dark writing on light background = good

Light writing on light background = not so good

I have never been a fan of Iced Vo-vos though[sick]

I love Iced vovos.

I wouldnt contemplate leaving over colours but, maybe the full screen would be good. Maybe the guys at Coopers could make it a site all on its own and call it something like forum.coopers.com.au.

Then they would be able to change the styles and layouts on the main site without changing anything in the forums (quite easily). Also love the idea of the dark writing on the lighter background. The only real issue I have with it is the red and grey text, it makes it a little hard to read.

I think the new pages are done through a link, when you first log in you get the old screen then straight to the new. If we have any hackers on the site maybe they could sneek in and remove the link, just to keep Muddy happy[love]

My issues with the current color scheme are not neccessarily the color but the fact that I can actually feel eye strain while viewing it. Removal of the dark surrounding may help, I don't know.

With this salmon/pink color it is almost impossible to see any threads that may have new posts.

I agree that dark on light is definitely good.

I use both IE (at work) and Firefox (at home) and both have the same issues.

The color scheme would be fine if the pink was dulled a little.

Damien must have a very old computer, are you sure its not green writing on a blaCk background?

Muddy, you got to the new screen, how?[roll]

WARREN

Mines changed now, and I don't like it.[crying]

Warren, my computer is about 12 months old, and runs like a dream.[happy]

It would probably be better if it were to take up the whole screen but the colours are still pretty bad. The graphics on the site don't function properly with the new colours. The smilies look ragged and the beer mugs in the topic list look pretty ordinary. I like graphics and I like things to look good.

I still think a turnkey fully functional forum package would be best. Something that reliably keeps records of what you have read etc. rather than the intermittent read flags we now get. It isn't rocket science[alien]

I believe a professional brand should have a professional website and a balance bewtween the bells and whistles and substance (bells and whistles are in the the lead since the switch to "The Order).

I'm not going to take my bat and ball and go but it is frustrating to come to one of the few sites I enjoy and find it annoying me rather than being able to just enjoy the refined enjoyment it used to provide.

Rant over - Note to self: find something more important to be passionate about [biggrin]

friggin crap forum!!... I just spent about 10 minutes writing a response to a post then the bloody forum prompted me for my date of birth and did not post the message!!!... SPEWIN!!!![devil] [devil] [devil]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived