Coopers Community

Mr Beer tri can

I haven't.

But I did make their Bewitched Amber Ale, 1 can to 8.5 litres. I got an ABV of 4.7% before priming calculations.

Mr Beer have information on their website. Have you checked it out? It seems a little confused, though. The Bewitched Amber Ale cites ABV, SRM, & IBU for a 2 gallon mix but the North West Pale Ale cites the same but this time for 8 litres. I guess your brew will be a little higher in all three metrics.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Pints said:

Has anyone tried Mr beer tri can? I'm thinking 3 cans of the northwest pale ale to 21 litres. Nothing else. Thoughts? 

Abv and Ibu approximately? 

Cheers

I have brewed all of the Mr. Beer range many times, my favourites were NW Pale Ale & the IPA's.

I have a Craft Fermenter & made it to recipe & for a bigger batch just doubled the recipe & everting including the water& it turned just out fine, the only difference is I added 500gm of Malt to boost body & head retention.

If you are going to try 3 x cans I would just triple the ingredients, not a scientific answer but I cannot see the difference, with extract brews I don't worry about the ABV etc as it will sort itself out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pints said:

Has anyone tried Mr beer tri can? I'm thinking 3 cans of the northwest pale ale to 21 litres. Nothing else. Thoughts? 

Cheers

Around 5.5% and 71IBUs. Will be rather bitter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pints said:

Cheers

If you not worried about the bitterness go for it. Otherwise 23 litres and 500 to 750 grams LDM?  Or a brew enhancer?

I have done a double and used flavour hops Amarillo and Cascade etc. Much better than a standard kit. Although the kit is nice on its own compared to others.

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Pints said:

Cheers

The choice is yours.  If you like a Pale Ale with an IBU of around 71, go for it.

But I would just brew 3 times everything.  3 cans and 3 times as much water.  So brew to 25.5 litres.  It will just give you 3 times the same beer as 1 can done to 8.5 litres.  So around 4.9% and 59 IBUs.  I have occasionally bought 2 of the Craft Recipe of the Month and just brewed a double batch in the bigger Coopers fermenter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies everyone. My HB shop has a sale going on coopers kits and just wanted to do a cheapo. 71 IBU sounds a wee bit high so maybe i will do as Shamus suggests, just maybe a litre or 2 down so like 24 or 23L. Cheers 

• Like 5