Coopers Community

Like riding a bike (not)

Boozadog

So I'm back nananananna🤣

the gear just sat there and unfortunately I just submitted to the bottle Shop.

I Guess it was just time and effort and a lack of CO2 during covid lockdown that stopped me

Yes some may say I still started of lazy this time I've just cut out effort and went straight to a all in fresh wort kit pale ale.

I've heard good things so why not  give it a try . 

anyways seems ok didn't have galaxy so I compromised with simcoe

Dam I forgot to do a OG .

anyways can't change the past kegs are cleaned and sanitized at least I remembered that.

inflation is rising and things a getting tuff so once again mistakes aside glad there's this Forum to refresh what I forgot  👍👍

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Boozadog said:

Yes some may say I still started of lazy this time I've just cut out effort and went straight to a all in fresh wort kit pale ale.

I've heard good things so why not  give it a try . 

lazy or not   there is no harm doing fwk    , i still do the occasional fwk myself    from time to time    specially when time dont permit to do an All Grain beer 
heck there is some good  FWK  beers amongst them 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

Adding more malt and hops to kits can end up costing almost the same as a good FWK.

I'm sure the FWK will be a good brew, but if you shop around a bit, Kit and Bits is not that much.

Picked up Coopers Pale Ale cans for $15. Bulk light dry malt, $9.00 kilo.

A few extra bit's, $2-5.00 depending on how much extra you want to put in.

Seems to be a Lot cheaper than the price of FWK's

Each to their Own, I have the time, Not the money and I like my Coopers Pale Ale.

• Like 5

@DavidMyes you can make it cheap if get good deals. It's more if use the liquid malt tins plus a few hops you can be pushing up to $40 a brew depending on the extra fermentables and hops.

You can buy FWK with flavour hops for around $50 plus yeast which if re use slurry becomes better and save money. 

Kegland have basic FWK for $32 

I also enjoy coopers Tins but FWK are now more available and cheaper and convenient. 

As soon as try a FWK then go back to a tin you will notice the kit twang

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

I also enjoy coopers Tins but FWK are now more available and cheaper and convenient. 

As soon as try a FWK then go back to a tin you will notice the kit twang

I am sure that the FWK is Better and it may be hard to go back to Tin's for some.

But not for me at the price, at the moment, if the Adelaide price comes down I might have a go.

At a price of $50-$70, picked up in Adelaide, I have not checked delivery

Out of my price range!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I am sure that the FWK is Better and it may be hard to go back to Tin's for some.

But not for me at the price, at the moment, if the Adelaide price comes down I might have a go.

At a price of $50-$70, picked up in Adelaide, I have not checked delivery

Out of my price range!

ATM there are only 2 places left in Adelaide that handle FWK, Phil from Country Brewer, Kilburn sells them, but they are from ALL IN Brewing Co & the freight to him forces him to charge around $70.  Bill from Brew Maker, Holden Hill sells them for about the same. 

Keg Land have the cheapest freight I have found but coming from ALL IN, QLD it is going to be about the same as picking one up locally.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...