Coopers Community

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I really like the look of the ROTM HOP SLAM IPA, I am going to source the ingredients locally as I hate waiting, paying for shipping.

I can easily get all of those ingredients for that recipe in one LHBS & for what it's worth it would be cheaper.

@terminal2k seems confused by the logic of it, I have done this many times exacting the recipe & they have all turned out fine 🤔

• Like 1

I was confused because you mentioned shipping costs, but the ROTM is always free shipping. I know I could get some of the ingredients cheaper at LHBS, but I can't find a physical store anywhere around me that has the hops in the recipe, so I'd have to get that delivered anyway (and pay for that shipping).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terminal2k said:

I was confused because you mentioned shipping costs, but the ROTM is always free shipping. I know I could get some of the ingredients cheaper at LHBS, but I can't find a physical store anywhere around me that has the hops in the recipe, so I'd have to get that delivered anyway (and pay for that shipping).

Fair enough but I have lots of LHBS all in reach so I can always get just about anything I want. I do order from Keg Land because their range/prices/shipping are excellent.

I must say KUDOS to  @Coopers DIY Beer Team for including the 250 g of Carapils into their ROTM of last few months.  I have been banging on about this inclusion for a couple of years or more as it makes such a difference, so good to see its starting to come into play for the average K & K brewer.

There is something, or some process in the extract method that tends to kill head and head retention in K & K brewing and I have found the 200 - 250 g of Carapils malt addition (either cold steep or 65 C mash) fixes this problem (when not using wheat malt of course) so well done Coopers on this tiny adjustment.  I think that will make all their K & K ROTM brews a winner in the future and put them heads (pun intended) and shoulders above the competition.  👍 👍 👍

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...