Coopers Community

Supercars Adelaide 500

Malter White

I think it's fantastic the great race is coming back in December.
Even though I'm not a full on petrol head I love the excitement it brings to Adelaide.
Personally I'm looking forward to seeing Icehouse live and Noiseworks.
Hopefully my favourite driver, Todd Hazelwood, can get himself on the podium. He's a friend of my son but more importantly his parents are home brewers.🍻👍

https://adelaide500.com.au/?fbclid=IwAR1MWw6AvtSnGB-5e8SAEU_oO5uhcvHf9pzvkv6ZUfr9wFSOMdBh6wiqLqM

1 thing Adelaide should never have done,  is give up on the f1 cars,  it was a great street circuit ,  Albert park is good track , but sadly i think Adelaides street circuit was much better.

i also think its a great endurance race  for  Supercars  .

i am not a revhead myself,  but i like to follow the  endurance races of the supercars and f1  . 

Great to see Adelaide 500 back

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Even though I'm not a full on petrol head I love the excitement it brings to Adelaide.
Hopefully my favourite driver, Todd Hazelwood, can get himself on the podium. He's a friend of my son but more importantly his parents are home brewers.🍻👍

https://adelaide500.com.au/?fbclid=IwAR1MWw6AvtSnGB-5e8SAEU_oO5uhcvHf9pzvkv6ZUfr9wFSOMdBh6wiqLqM

I went to one event but enjoyed Jimmy Barnes more than the races, I am surprised the Bend didn't try for the event ( attached for those that don't know it )

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=792231816f60c6c8JmltdHM9MTY1OTQ4MTQzNyZpZ3VpZD00YjYwZDFlYi05ZDllLTQzODktOGIzZC0zNmJkYmZlZDMxM2QmaW5zaWQ9NTE5Mw&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=62f71a1d-12b7-11ed-8338-bedba8c9357d&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGhlYmVuZC5jb20uYXUv&ntb=1

45 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The Bend might be good for racing - I don't really know - but it's never going to be a major event purely on geography. Not many will brave an hour plus drive each way unless they are diehards.

21 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

The Bend might be good for racing - I don't really know - but it's never going to be a major event purely on geography. Not many will brave an hour plus drive each way unless they are diehards.

It is too far away for me & to make matters worse there's a Pub there, imagine having a few pints & trying to get out of there & down the Freeway to the waiting filth. 🚔

On 8/2/2022 at 9:48 PM, MUZZY said:

I was lucky enough to get an invite to a Triple 8 track day at Willowbank with a couple of hot laps. Holy hell, when I put my foot on the imaginary brake pedal in the passenger seat, the driver still shifted gears up 🙂 A very exhilarating experience. I'd love to do that again. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

Holy hell, when I put my foot on the imaginary brake pedal in the passenger seat, the driver still shifted gears up 

I've never done a hot lap with a racing driver but the imaginary brake pedal experience is one I've done on numerous occasions driving with my daughter.🙈

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 9:18 PM, MUZZY said:

The music line up does look fantastic. I'd go for that alone. I haven't seen Ice House live but can vouch for Jimmy and Noiseworks. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 7:10 AM, ozdevil said:

1 thing Adelaide should never have done,  is give up on the f1 cars,  it was a great street circuit ,  Albert park is good track , but sadly i think Adelaides street circuit was much better.

i also think its a great endurance race  for  Supercars  .

i am not a revhead myself,  but i like to follow the  endurance races of the supercars and f1  . 

Great to see Adelaide 500 back

The stupid liberal government to blame for that.

• Like 2