Coopers Community

Singapore Brewery releases a new yummo beer for Greenies.

thebeerpig

2 hours ago, thebeerpig said:

Nothing wrong with that. It is perfectly recycled and is just as good, possibly even better water than what is on offer on the taps.

A few years ago, they had a festival here in Brissy, showcasing beers made with desalinated ocean water. The beers tasted like beers are supposed to.

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I will be giving that a wide berth, YUK 💩

Why is that? It is recycled water, perfectly cleaned and all.  I have absolutely no problem with that. Our fresh water supply comes from dams, where all sorts of creature do all sorts of things, including die and decompose in. Yet, it is perfectly cleaned and good drinking water. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aussiekraut said:

Why is that? It is recycled water, perfectly cleaned and all.  I have absolutely no problem with that. Our fresh water supply comes from dams, where all sorts of creature do all sorts of things, including die and decompose in. Yet, it is perfectly cleaned and good drinking water. 

Fair enough.

During Victoria’s 13 year drought, that ended in 2012, a local sewage farm started recycling their sewage water and piping it to the large dam at the local golf course. This enabled them to keep their greens watered during the drought. A lot of signs were put up around the dam to warn against drinking from the dam because it now contained recycled sewage.

It appears the taste and smell of the recycled sewage water will depend on how thoroughly it has been recycled so as a precaution against getting bad breath, I will be checking for any crappy smells or suspicious looking floaties before drinking anything that I know has recycled sewage it in.

• Haha 1

The thought of greenies drinking recycled sewage reminds me of a line from a movie I saw recently with Rob Schneider playing the part of the kind, hippy stepfather picking up the kids from footy training.

"Hey kids! Who wants to go get some vegan ice cream? It tastes just like real ice cream if you've never had real ice cream before." 🤣

Edited by MUZZY
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

The thought of greenies drinking recycled sewage reminds me of a line from a movie I saw recently with Rob Schneider playing the part of the kind, hippy stepfather picking up the kids from footy training.

"Hey kids! Who wants to go get some vegan ice cream? It tastes just like real ice cream if you've never had real ice cream before." 🤣

🙂 

But it's got nothing to do with greenies. 90% of the fresh water supply of the Netherlands comes from the Rhine, a river not known for its high water quality, considering there are heaps of chemical companies located along its length, starting in Switzerland. Remove all impurities and it becomes perfectly fine water.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aussiekraut said:

🙂 

But it's got nothing to do with greenies. 90% of the fresh water supply of the Netherlands comes from the Rhine, a river not known for its high water quality, considering there are heaps of chemical companies located along its length, starting in Switzerland. Remove all impurities and it becomes perfectly fine water.

What about India ?  They probably call it Ganges Dark Larger or Ca Ca Ale 💩

Seriously I do understand the science of it, just thinking about it makes you wonder but I guess they have it under control.

7 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

🙂 

Yes I was just making presumptions of recycling = green. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 8:55 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

What about India ?  They probably call it Ganges Dark Larger or Ca Ca Ale 💩

Seriously I do understand the science of it, just thinking about it makes you wonder but I guess they have it under control.

On 7/4/2022 at 5:39 PM, Aussiekraut said:

Nothing wrong with that. It is perfectly recycled and is just as good, possibly even better water than what is on offer on the taps.

A few years ago, they had a festival here in Brissy, showcasing beers made with desalinated ocean water. The beers tasted like beers are supposed to.

Desalinated ocean water has no taste so it's a perfect start for beer making..

On 7/10/2022 at 8:55 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

What about India ?  They probably call it Ganges Dark Larger or Ca Ca Ale

I have been there, and to Varanasi where the water company pulled water from the holy ganga and maybe filtered it a little.
Good times, good place and a lot of good people there.