Coopers Community

New to brewing and wanting tips

Ingo86

new to brewing and I have bottled the beer and stored it for 2 weeks . I tried a bottle and it tastes bitter and it’s a pale, will this get better the longer you leave it or have I done something wrong that caused it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingo86 said:

new to brewing and I have bottled the beer and stored it for 2 weeks . I tried a bottle and it tastes bitter and it’s a pale, will this get better the longer you leave it or have I done something wrong that caused it? 

Post your recipe & there may be some answers for you, there are so many things to consider like brewing temperatures, storing etc.

Not to mention the ingredients used, yeast, pitching temp & so on. The bitter taste could be the hops but you haven't mentioned any so list it & I am sure you can be helped.

Cheers

Phil

welcome to the boards

your going to need to provide as much info as possible

how did you brew it?

your recipe

is it a good bitter taste or is it an off bitter taste

I also agree with @terminal2k it can improve in the bootle , but however if something has gone wrong during the brewing fermentation status
aging the beer may  not improve but make it worse eg an infection  ,not trying to scare you as you probably havent got an infection

but the more your able to provide us the better the answer you will get