Coopers Community

Kegging Newbie

therealthing691

@therealthing691, your call but with 5mm ID beer line you will need a fair length to avoid over foaming.

With Duotights, they do not like santiser on the outside.  Rinse it off well.  It dries and concentrates and can crack the Duotights.  I am not anti-Duotights.  My system is rife with them.  I have had a couple of failures, that I have rectified via replacement, rectification and rinsing.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

@therealthing691, your call but with 5mm ID beer line you will need a fair length to avoid over foaming.

With Duotights, they do not like santiser on the outside.  Rinse it off well.  It dries and concentrates and can crack the Duotights.  I am not anti-Duotights.  My system is rife with them.  I have had a couple of failures, that I have rectified via replacement, rectification and rinsing.

thanks just trying to get the goss and the norm appreciate it

• Like 2

I have a manifold that sits outside my fridge so I can make any adjustments and whatever without opening it. Simpler to turn off gas to selected kegs when needed as well. I used to have t piece splitters but it was a complete mess inside the fridge. 

I have one duotight fitting which was a replacement for a worn out fitting on one of the beer lines. Seems to be working fine so far, however none of them have ever seen a drop of sanitiser. 

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

what size line do you run how long and what taps if you dont mind me asking

• Like 1

1 hour ago, therealthing691 said:

also do your taps  have flow adjustment etc etc thanks in advance

Hi Mate,

I went with 4mm ID EVA Barrier line.  I started with 3 metre lengths and ended up cutting them all down to just over 2 metres.  I coil them up with velcro strips and sit them on top of the kegs.

I use Intertaps without flow control.

When I helped my neighbour set up his keg fridge, all I had spare was 5mm ID line.  I used all I had left, which was about 5 metres.  I do not know what tap he has, although I know he got it from Keg King.  It does not have flow control.  It flows much quicker than mine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, therealthing691 said:

Shamus I went 2.5m  and see how it pours

2.5m of 4mm line should be fine. Mine are about 1.8m as that was all I could get out of the beer line that came with the kegerator and it is fine for about 10-12psi. Haven't tried it with more. I'll replace them when I take the kegerator apart for maintenance around June/July. That will allow me to have higher serving pressure for things like Hefe Weizen, although I haven't had any carbonation issues with the shorter lines and the lower pressure.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2022 at 12:34 AM, therealthing691 said:

I am doing a  a fridge setup  all push in fittings  5mm id lines a 

plus a auto seal spring  and a a oneway valve on the gas are i missing anything

ended up just using non Flow control  and self closing spring so no leaking if I or the dog knock them

Edited by therealthing691

hey guys just a quick question done a  pressure test  with soap and water was one leak at the reg but fixed .The question is I have set the pressure on 20psi for the test  and now turned the bottle off and I will leave it see if it holds that pressure with the bottle off .Will the water absorb any c02 and make the pressure drop and carbonate the water  ..TIA  for the help

3 hours ago, therealthing691 said:

hey guys just a quick question done a  pressure test  with soap and water was one leak at the reg but fixed .The question is I have set the pressure on 20psi for the test  and now turned the bottle off and I will leave it see if it holds that pressure with the bottle off .Will the water absorb any c02 and make the pressure drop and carbonate the water  ..TIA  for the help

yes it will absorb into the water depending on Temp

colder the liquid the more it will absorb if memory serves me correct

48 minutes ago, therealthing691 said:

all good thanks just was letting sit and dropped from 20psi to 0psi over a hour or so thought that must be the case  as double checked for leaks cheers  and thanks Oz

it wont absorb that dam quick  

get ya soap and water over every possibility

i would imagine   wit absorb is a slow thing  not fast thing 

13 minutes ago, therealthing691 said:

I would say it would  have to do with head space in there as well  there was none they where fill to the brim with water so not a great deal of volume for gas I have checked reg all lines keg lids but will do a 3rd time just to make sure in didnt miss some thing

did you check prv's