Coopers Community

Green Tea in Beer

terminal2k

4 minutes ago, terminal2k said:

Anyone tried it before? I mean I already bought the ROTM but I'd like to know if I wasted my money

Well @terminal2k look at it this way, the worst thing is no beer, next is a warm beer or a VB, next would be a beer that you made & don't like - solution - don't make it again.

I must admit I looked at it & it didn't appeal to me but who knows it could be nice, the moral to this story, you will still have beer.

Cheers 🍻

17 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

the worst thing is no beer, next is a warm beer or a VB, next would be a beer that you made & don't like

I've gotta say, I'd rather have no beer than warm beer, VB or beer I don't like.

12 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I hate black tea with a passion but really liked those beers.

I like green tea,. Even bought a fancy kettle that can do water at temps lower than 100 degrees so it doesn't burn the tea. I've just never had it in a beer before

3 minutes ago, terminal2k said:

I've gotta say, I'd rather have no beer than warm beer, VB or beer I don't like.

I like green tea,. Even bought a fancy kettle that can do water at temps lower than 100 degrees so it doesn't burn the tea. I've just never had it in a beer before

I like a cup of tea but rather have coffee but if I have a tea it is weak & NO milk, some green teas I don't mind but at the end of the day I like beer & don't want to mix both.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the thread rez...

I'm thinking to do a tea infused beer with a can of European Lager. Can anyone suggest a nice pairing to go with it? I see there are a few recipes on the Coopers site that involve using tea. I'm curious to maybe try something with Jasmine Green Tea.