Coopers Community

Free Stuff

Classic Brewing Co

I got a call from an old girlfriend, her Father was a brewer & has passed on, she wanted me to have some of his gear, FV's look a little rough but should clean up. I am hoping the one on the right has something in it - looks a funny colour !! 🤔

If they do clean up & are useable that will make 6 x Fermenters @Classic Brewing Co  I wonder if that is enough ??

Cheers.

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terminal2k said:

end on good terms? or should you be checking for poison?

geez catch up. I'm on four already and I've only been going a few months

Nah no poison, she's OK, the old man was the brewer. Like I said if they clean up to my strict hygiene regime they will come in handy, I brew a lot of beers at ambient temperatures apart from the odd one that requires a brew fridge with temp control. I will fire them up & pump out more beer, may try a Ginger Beer in one & get another Stout on.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

FV's look a little rough but should clean up. I am hoping the one on the right has something in it - looks a funny colour

I had a couple of discoloured ones. Overnight with a cap or 2 of White King in warm water then a good rinse cleaned them up like new. I had tried sod perc on one before that and it didn't seem to do much.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Journeyman said:

I had a couple of discoloured ones. Overnight with a cap or 2 of White King in warm water then a good rinse cleaned them up like new. I had tried sod perc on one before that and it didn't seem to do much.

Yep that will help, I will get them clean !!

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 3:10 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I got a call from an old girlfriend, her Father was a brewer & has passed on, she wanted me to have some of his gear, FV's look a little rough but should clean up. I am hoping the one on the right has something in it - looks a funny colour !! 🤔

If they do clean up & are useable that will make 6 x Fermenters @Classic Brewing Co  I wonder if that is enough ??

Cheers.

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

Follow up on the Free Stuff from an old Girlfriend, some of her Father's stuff was delivered today. I am not sure about the middle fermenter, I will use bleach shown right.

There was a heap of Airlocks, Bottle filling wands, taps, grommets etc currently soaking in Bi Carbonate of Soda.  Also a very good Hydrometer, Bottle Capper & a heap of assorted Newsletters from old Brew Shops, recipes even stuff from Grumpy's for those of you that remember Grumpy's Brewhaus. How long since you have seen Coopers Sanitiser ?

Anyway I will put it all to good use.

20211106_124649.thumb.jpg.aaa7103a994a7b3a40263c591f09603c.jpg20211106_124746.thumb.jpg.f2f86c9d2fd8afe07dd3706936fe0c17.jpg20211106_124821.thumb.jpg.49d6a1698706e78a8fd088d952f2f585.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Follow up on the Free Stuff from an old Girlfriend, some of her Father's stuff was delivered today. I am not sure about the middle fermenter, I will use bleach shown right.

There was a heap of Airlocks, Bottle filling wands, taps, grommets etc currently soaking in Bi Carbonate of Soda.  Also a very good Hydrometer, Bottle Capper & a heap of assorted Newsletters from old Brew Shops, recipes even stuff from Grumpy's for those of you that remember Grumpy's Brewhaus. How long since you have seen Coopers Sanitiser ?

Anyway I will put it all to good use.

20211106_124649.thumb.jpg.aaa7103a994a7b3a40263c591f09603c.jpg20211106_124746.thumb.jpg.f2f86c9d2fd8afe07dd3706936fe0c17.jpg20211106_124821.thumb.jpg.49d6a1698706e78a8fd088d952f2f585.jpg

Nice pick up there @Classic Brewing Co

• Like 1
  • Haha 1