Coopers Community

need some help its for a mates 50th

ozdevil

i have been given the task to find a venue  for a mates birthday in tassie

The issue is i am in victoria the rest are in Tassie.

my mates requirements are:

food cost needs to be reasonable as  its main meals only  their father is paying so he needs it to be his affordabilty
Alcahol   he wants is craft beer  but also caters for those that dont like craft beer  , his old man drinks xxxx gold light
location can be city  , north south,east  as far as Glenorchy , Sorell lower Sandy Bay,  lauderdale 
Also has to cater for kids under 17  as there will most likely be 4 of them

a big requirement is  they do not want to feel the need to be pushed out of the venue  becuase the owners dont want to pay wages for the hanger on'ers 

music  cant be to loud so a person cant think

i know this is a tough ask,  my mate knows he may have to  settle for his fathers idea (old fashioned and see's it if he is paying its his way or no way)

will appreciate  some help if there is tasmanians  onboard or ex tasmanians that have recently been  to tassie

cheers and beers
Mick

mate I reckon you would struggle to find a licenced venue to tick all those boxes. How about hire a hall of some kind and organise your own drinks from Mr Murphy's and your own DJ or music you control yourself? Sorry missed part about meals with all the delivery these days and the stuff u can get maby possible to please everyone.

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

mate I reckon you would struggle to find a licenced venue to tick all those boxes. How about hire a hall of some kind and organise your own drinks from Mr Murphy's and your own DJ or music you control yourself? Sorry missed part about meals with all the delivery these days and the stuff u can get maby possible to please everyone.

i have some idea's mate   but theres still things to be considered

i wont tick all the boxes i get that..

mr murphys is not open down south yet so i understand as my mother loves mr murphy's

this mate is so sick of chinese  he just doesnt want it and usually will  suck it up for family sake

• 3 weeks later...

All you need to do is find somebody responsible who can cook/organise & cater for a group of people, an advert in the local paper could work. 

As @The Captain!!  says Pizza Trailer or  BBQ/Spit Hire, I am sure there are a few different ones around.

Then its a matter of a venue, check local rags for Hall Hire or RSL Clubs are good for this.

Ring around to get the best price from liquor stores/pubs for you grog is another idea.

The opportunities are endless.

I'm guessing local RSLs will have kitchens, catering staff and liquor licences so Classic's suggestion looks like ticking most boxes. Otherwise a small restaurant that won't mind being booked out for the night. I remember a mate's 50th that was at a pretty decent Thai restaurant that allowed extras in home brew and wine to be brought in.

19 minutes ago, xjjohnn0 said:

I'm guessing local RSLs will have kitchens, catering staff and liquor licences so Classic's suggestion looks like ticking most boxes. Otherwise a small restaurant that won't mind being booked out for the night. I remember a mate's 50th that was at a pretty decent Thai restaurant that allowed extras in home brew and wine to be brought in.

Most RSL's are quite happy to hire out the hall/kitchen as they advertise them.  In these times & given the economic climate there would be I am sure some organisations that can cater for this type of event. All you have to do is ask.

Some great Suggestions

there wont be any homebrew ,  i am the only one who homebrews and i am not carting  the alchol to tassie from victoria lol,  

i can get an rsl/bowls club  but the issue  the only beer they have on tap is  cascade draught and xxxx gold on tap 
and nothing in the range of craft beer .  

i think i have come to   establishment that is byo  which everyone is happy with
i am not satisfied  as i am not a real fan of the food but its chinese, but i am not the one footing the bill

i have meals from here before in tassie  and are usually good for chinese  and its not far from the round house

So will be booking chinese restuarant all out    and if they start bitching and moaning stuffem

• Haha 1