Coopers Community

Beer recipe graphics

Blowy

Was just wondering if it would be possible to have a repository of the graphics that are put up for BOTM. This might already be a thing but I just can't find them, I like to put the pictures on my beer taps.

• Like 3

I don't have taps but reckon this is a damn good idea.  Perhaps the main image in a circle so anyone with taps that wants to, can snip the image and the print it off then laminate it.

Could be a little value add for Coopers to do this, after all they will have the base artwork from their marketing department.  Would not take too much effort IMO.

If Coopers are perhaps unwilling to modify their artwork then perhaps someone in our community here could do a bit of creative photo shop type work to modify a snip of original?

Would that be allowed by Coopers? @Coopers DIY Beer Team

Cheers - AL

• Like 3

Excellent idea.

I imagine you only want the badge.  The trouble is the graphic artist has superimposed other objects over the badge (eg. the price tag) but you'd want to be some sort of fuss pot to worry about that.  

Beertaps.jpg

• Like 1

Yep that's what I was getting at James,  They could be used as beer bottle labels as well. 

That is for the fuss pots who what to show off their brews and give a couple of bottles away to their mates.

I am guessing these graphics have been built up in layers anyway so easy for Coopers to put up the graphic minus that layer.

If I had more time and wanted to do this could have a play with Adobe illustrator for example but I am busy with other projects.

EDIT:  Have converted Shamus's Coopers recipe spreadsheet to a database format which shows what I want on each recipe on the one screen.  Once I get the mechanics of it right will convert it to a web page format for use by this community.

Cheers - AL

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2

👍  That DB would be great.

As for fuss pots, well, I have an ethic of doing as little as possible so I think everyone is a fuss pot ... except me of course.    I label my bottles with a liquid calk marker.  Printed labels seem so much work for something as temporary as beer.   But the badges can be reworked with a little paintshopping to get rid of the super imposed images...

Beertaps.jpg

• Like 2

I am using a 22 year old hacked evaluation version of Paintshop and have invested all of 10 minutes on the project to amuse myself on a rainy day.   But if you want to send me money it would be rude to refuse  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sir James, I thought you were doing it for @Blowy and others like him, please feel free to send him/them your bill.

It's not for me, I have no need at this point in time just thought it a damn good idea. (I will snip them while you are not looking).

A hacked version - you bad, bad boy...😲

Cheers - AL

On 5/2/2020 at 7:43 PM, James of Bayswater said:

Misspent  youth     middle age.    youth & middle age   life.

The crack is so old that it is on a floppy disk  😂    Best program I have ever hacked. 

Yep same here. I'm still using an old hacked version of Paintshop Pro from the 90's. 😂

I use " Photoshop CS2, released in May 2005,"   Adobe stopped running the service for activation or something and provided the serial number so it isn't hacked, not entirely legal I suppose.  It did act weird for a while, the windows wouldn't go away when you switched to other programs.  Since reinstalling Win10 recently it's just like new, you can drag pics into it and the annoying security pop ups are gone.