Coopers Community

Lion down for 3 months!!!

There's likely some truth to this.

In just the last week to 10 days, I've seen a noticeable increase in bulk purchases of alcohol, particularly packaged beer.

Due to the forced closure of pubs/clubs & other on-premise venues, off-premise bottleshops are now experiencing higher volume sales as they are now the only available source of alcoholic products to the general public, unless you home brew or home distil yourself.

Given we appear to only be one step away from being put into total lock down due to the COVID-19 virus, people are panic buying & hoarding all sorts of things & packaged beer is just one of them.

I'm not sure if the breweries are experiencing higher sales given the loss of kegged on-premise beer, but I would think they are. And if in fact they are, brewing volumes would have to increase to keep up with that demand.

Just my 20 cents,

Lusty.

22 hours ago, Beerlust said:

There's likely some truth to this.

In just the last week to 10 days, I've seen a noticeable increase in bulk purchases of alcohol, particularly packaged beer.

Due to the forced closure of pubs/clubs & other on-premise venues, off-premise bottleshops are now experiencing higher volume sales as they are now the only available source of alcoholic products to the general public, unless you home brew or home distil yourself.

Given we appear to only be one step away from being put into total lock down due to the COVID-19 virus, people are panic buying & hoarding all sorts of things & packaged beer is just one of them.

I'm not sure if the breweries are experiencing higher sales given the loss of kegged on-premise beer, but I would think they are. And if in fact they are, brewing volumes would have to increase to keep up with that demand.

Just my 20 cents,

Lusty.

The main quote that got me was it would take 3 months to grow the yeast but yeah packaged beer they would be running low. Went into the local and they were low there.

I think there might be cheap kegs going at some stage too if anyone has a commercial keg coupler.

2 hours ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

The main quote that got me was it would take 3 months to grow the yeast...

Surely even if they were unable to produce beer for a period of time, they'd at least keep their yeast stocks at volumes ready to go when needed? 🤔

Cheers,

Lusty.

16 hours ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

The main quote that got me was it would take 3 months to grow the yeast but yeah packaged beer they would be running low. Went into the local and they were low there.

I think there might be cheap kegs going at some stage too if anyone has a commercial keg coupler.

Some selling kegs at Maryborough on Facebook today.

Edited by NewBrews