Coopers Community

Australian market lager dominance

RepSpec

On 7/12/2019 at 1:21 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

I agree. But I think the local one is better because it tastes fresher.  The last time I had an imported, I thought how good is this.  However,  on reflection I think it was more funky and was probably light affected. 

If you had one in Amsterdam, it would probably be wonderful. 

Yes everything tastes better when you're stoned. 

Seriously though, Dutch beer tastes better in Holland. I've reacted to it both times I've been there. 

Edited by der kleine Drache
  • Haha 2

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:26 AM, Instigator said:

I'm probably guilty of judging all lagers and pilsners from my experience with Aussie megaswill lagers. To challenge my own assumptions, I'm prepared to buy a bottle or two of something that is considered top notch. What would you (anyone) recommend? Urquell?

I would recommend trying some lagers from Australian craft breweries. There are some really nice lagers out there now.

Urquell, Budvar etc. are great beers but they travel a long way to get here and you can't beat fresh beer.

• Like 3

On 7/15/2019 at 10:26 AM, Hairy said:

I would recommend trying some lagers from Australian craft breweries. There are some really nice lagers out there now.

Urquell, Budvar etc. are great beers but they travel a long way to get here and you can't beat fresh beer.

I actually agree with Hairy here too but there’s a lot of sh!t too

2 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

I actually agree with Hairy here too but there’s a lot of sh!t too

Yes. Craft doesn't necessarily mean good.

One thing about the big boys is that they know how to brew beer consistently well. It may not be the tastiest beer but they make the same beer over & over with good quality control.

• Like 1