Coopers Community

AIB Awards 2019

Beerlust

If you're the Budweiser boys you would have to be really p!$$@%.

143 years of brewing American lager tradition, world famous Beechwood maturation process, & still finish behind TUN! 🤣

On a positive note I noticed the Little Creatures XPA I've suggested was a good beer for the style nabbed a silver medal in it's category. The hoppy category results (I'm particularly interested in) looked to reflect some good quality beers. 

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 2

did you hear about the budweiser factory worker who got locked into the warehouse for two weeks

Barely made it out alive after two weeks of drinking his own urine

i despair at the palate of the modern beer drinker. thats why this Coopers masters of the puniverse marketing pitch is doomed. You may as well  dry hop a 1.7 kgs tin of cooper draught with horse $hit  and  be done with it

when your target market is some knuckle dragging neanderthal who beats his missus for the laugh , theres no point thinking up a complex blend of modern hops and malt. 

my mates back in ireland take the piss out of me because i homebrew. homebrew to them is some dodgy act of making dangerously strong alcohol using bits and bobs from around the house or garden.

Yet every single one of them things the golden nectar is Fosters because O'Sheas pub sells it for three euros

Stop this world,i wanna get off

Edited by PaddyBrew2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

You may as well  dry hop a 1.7 kgs tin of cooper draught with horse $hit  and  be done with it

How did you figure out my comp recipe dammit? 😖

Edited by porschemad911
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

i despair at the palate of the modern beer drinker. thats why this Coopers masters of the puniverse marketing pitch is doomed. You may as well  dry hop a 1.7 kgs tin of cooper draught with horse $hit  and  be done with it

when your target market is some knuckle dragging neanderthal who beats his missus for the laugh , theres no point thinking up a complex blend of modern hops and malt.

The eventual contest winner may well end up being a beer that can be marketed to the masses, but it also needs to be different from anything out there currently on the market. I would think Coopers would like something that when a person first tastes it, they don't say something like, "that tastes a lot like VB or that tastes like Little Creatures Pale Ale". Something obviously different but probably palatable to a wider audience than just craft beer drinkers. The scope is really limited to your imagination.

Look beyond the bounds of the competition itself (I know I am). It is an extremely rare opportunity for you as an individual to pitch a beer of your own design & choosing to a major commercial brewery. How often does that sort of opportunity come around?

Coopers will likely use this exercise for gathering a lot of data, & may influence new beers they may be thinking of brewing commercially in the future. Who knows, there may be an opportunity for someone or some persons outside the eventual competition winner to be involved in that process if the beer was considered of a high standard in a category Coopers are looking to produce a new beer in.

Whether that belief be real or not, I still like the idea of having a crack at something like that. 😎 

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 2

@Beerlust   That’s a winning attitude. 

I too figured it was more of a data collection exercise....if there is a majority of a certain style that is submitted, it may indicate a big number of coopers drinkers would drink and  want to see a (for example) pacific ale in the line up.

Just me 2c 

Edited by MitchBastard
  • Like 1