Coopers Community

Coopers to contract brew Brooklyn Lager

Xenon

I don't see why it wouldn't be. With all the technology and whatever involved in brewing these days any decent brewery should have no trouble replicating the water profiles, ingredients and fermenting practices etc. of the original brewery. I'd imagine it goes through a lot of testing before being released as well to ensure its quality.

Good find Xenon.

Interesting little love triangle emerging between Coopers, Carlsberg & Brooklyn. ninja

The landscape has certainly changed, & I admit I don't fully understand all the reasons for the collaborations. Economically & strategically there must be some real benefit(s) I guess. unsure

I just find it very odd when a brewery works hard for many years to establish itself & to gain a good reputation for its beers by marketing itself against its competitors & then one day, saying, "Yes please continue to buy our brand, but hey, here's a few of our former competitors beers you should now also drink!"

I just hope it all works for the betterment of Coopers & its employees moving forward.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Not sure if this is good or bad ... I love Brooklyn Lager but will it taste as good as the 'real' thing??

https://www.brewsnews.com.au/2015/06/coopers-to-brew-brooklyn-lager/

Never tried Brooklyn Lager but I'm sure they'll do a good job with it and I'll be giving it a shot.

On the topic of brewed under license back in the 80's I bought an oil can of Fosters in the US to try, bad idea, I remember the can said brewed in Canada it tasted nothing like a Carlton beer in fact it was horribly worse.

More recently in the US I seen the big Fosters can once again and noticed it was brewed in Texas, and again stupidly bought one to try, there wasn't much improvement. It only satisfied my curiosity.

A quick Google now shows me it was brewed by Molson in Canada and now by Miller in Texas.

Archived