Coopers Community

Stoopid Coopers Question

antiphile

i know I can't rule out faint memory until every other avenue is totally exhausted, but have Coopers only recently started bottling sparkling ale stubbies (and possibly pale ale stubbies as well) with twist tops. If I knew mum wouldn't wash my mouth out with soap, I'd swear only a few months back these stubbies were crown seals.

Cheers, Phil

i know I can't rule out faint memory until every other avenue is totally exhausted' date=' but have Coopers only recently started bottling sparkling ale stubbies (and possibly pale ale stubbies as well) with twist tops. If I knew mum wouldn't wash my mouth out with soap, I'd swear only a few months back these stubbies were crown seals.

Cheers, Phil[/quote']

G'day P2, you are correct it is your memory that's the problem. The new shape stubbies, you know the one's that the single posters whinged about because their stubbies holders were too loose, have been twist tops all along and even the one's before that were too.whistling

A couple of dry weeks may be needed, you ever know what might be remembered? On second thoughts...whistling

Cheers.

i know I can't rule out faint memory until every other avenue is totally exhausted' date=' but have Coopers only recently started bottling sparkling ale stubbies (and possibly pale ale stubbies as well) with twist tops. If I knew mum wouldn't wash my mouth out with soap, I'd swear only a few months back these stubbies were crown seals.

Cheers, Phil[/quote']

G'day P2, you are correct it is your memory that's the problem. The new shape stubbies, you know the one's that the single posters whinged about because their stubbies holders were too loose, have been twist tops all along and even the one's before that were too.whistling

A couple of dry weeks may be needed, you ever know what might be remembered? On second thoughts...whistling

Cheers.

Magnaman, that is the most moronic, imbecilic, plebian thing I've ever heard. Get a grip. It's bloody obvious you need therapy.

BTW, Did JFK ever make it to the moon?

+1 to Magnaman's comments on the twist tops. rightful

The stubbies have been twist tops for sometime now even before the bottle shape change. The longnecks still remain crown sealed though, hence why these bottles are so sought after by home-brewers. wink

BTW' date=' Did JFK ever make it to the moon?[/quote']

Nice to see the memory is slowly coming back P2. Well sort of! biggrin

Cheers,

Anthony.

I'm 36 now, and I remember when I was 17-18, Coopers stubbies were pry off. I don't think they were the Pickaxe brand bottles, even though the Coopers longnecks were originally Pickaxe brand. I seem to recall them being rather straight up and down in shape though, and less squat than the Pickaxe stubbies.

I'm lucky enough to have several hundred Pickaxe stubbies, most of which would be over 18 years old for sure, and I only lose about 1 stubby per year to chips in the neck etc. Fecking bulletproof.

I still have an original Coopers Extra Stout bottle (Pickaxe brand) from when it was a fair bit stronger than today's version. Next time it surfaces I can post a pic.

Memories. crying

Haha Anthony now you have got me counting back the years to when my wife and I were first dating. Man time flies' date=' that photo would be 5 years ago now! I would say I look more handsome now though ... in a 'George Clooney' greying sort of way [img']tongue[/img].

lol

Good on ya John. wink

Cheers,

Anthony.

Archived