Coopers Community

Crazy Ways To Open A Beer Bottle

Beerlust

• 3 months later...

back in the day I used to open screw tops with my forearm, just near the elbow, so literally bent the elbow to open a beer.

Now that I'm a bit older, and arguably wiser, I don't do such things, not least of which because as I am now in my 40's my skin is not quite so forgiving, and at best I'd get a nice bruise, at worst cut myself and take a while longer to heal than in my younger days.

Oh the follies of youth, and the resilience of the body prior to the onset of middle age!

Or even the stupidity of youth, Zaphod. In my twenties, I had a party trick when I pretended to open a twist top in my eye. Close an eye, put the stubby lid into the eye under the eyebrow, and pretend to twist the bottle. It's easy to make the "psst" noise from your lips without people knowing and often there were gasps of amazement. But then just saying that this particular stubby twist top was tighter than most and leave it at that.

Once I saw a friend of a friend, that was at the party, a few days later and he thought I was serious. He had a nasty gash under his eyebrow from trying to do it (unsucessfully). I never did it again after that.

Hi Sir Les.

Or even the stupidity of youth' date=' Zaphod. In my twenties, I had a party trick when I [b']pretended[/b] to open a twist top in my eye. Close an eye, put the stubby lid into the eye under the eyebrow, and pretend to twist the bottle. It's easy to make the "psst" noise from your lips without people knowing and often there were gasps of amazement. But then just saying that this particular stubby twist top was tighter than most and leave it at that.

Once I saw a friend of a friend, that was at the party, a few days later and he thought I was serious. He had a nasty gash under his eyebrow from trying to do it (unsucessfully). I never did it again after that.

Bahahahaha! What an idiot that guy was! Some people are sooo gullible aren't they?!! lol

I hope his cut didn't turn into a scar like mine did! whistling

I'm just kidding!! lol ..........

....... Mine didn't scar at all! Hehe! biggrin

Cheers,

Anthony.

Or even the stupidity of youth' date=' Zaphod. In my twenties, I had a party trick when I [b']pretended[/b] to open a twist top in my eye. Close an eye, put the stubby lid into the eye under the eyebrow, and pretend to twist the bottle. It's easy to make the "psst" noise from your lips without people knowing and often there were gasps of amazement. But then just saying that this particular stubby twist top was tighter than most and leave it at that.

My brother used to do the eyebrow thing, and did a quite convincing job of it.

At one stage there was a bunch of us that would sit at the table on the back deck, each opening their beer bottle (from memory it would have been Carlton Cold in those days), in a different and novel way.

Of course this same brother nearly lost his hand when he stuck it in a lawnmower while it was running (he had a trip to hospital, and a rod inserted into a finger, and was brought back home to Sydney from Lismore Base Hospital with his tail between his legs).

He also jumped into the water at Darling Harbour at low tide, and broke his leg, so clearly he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I guess I was the one who inherited the brains (having skipped a generation), and he got the height and body for Rugby.

I think I got the better deal; you can think your way out of trouble, but you can't always barge through your problems.

Archived